Not long ago I was wanting to try something a little different. I don’t usually drink coffee in the evening, not because it keeps me awake but I just don’t want to make a pot when I’m probably going to be the only one drinking it. I will say it would be nice after dinner when entertaining guests. Serve with, or instead of, dessert.
This after dinner drink uses one of my favorite liqueurs, Kahlua. I really only like tequila in drinks, not as a shot, and the blend with the coffee liqueur is a winning combination. If you’ve read my blog for any length of time you know I always say to use the best ingredients you can afford. There are other coffee liqueurs out there, Kahlua is the most well known. Use what you like as far as the liqueur and tequila. I used a gold tequila which is a bit smoother than a white tequila.
This is the third week in the six week winter warm up series. My other posts were Hot Citrus Cider and Original Irish Coffee. Be sure to check them out as well as the others my blogger friends are posting today. Those links are below.
- 16 ounces black coffee, brewed and hot, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ounces Kahlua, divided
- 1 ½ ounce tequila, divided
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream, divided
- Whipped cream and cinnamon, for garnish
- Place a small amount of coffee on a saucer. Dip the rim of the each glass or mug into the brewed coffee and then into the sugar to coat the rim.
- In each glass or mug add half of the tequila and Kahlua. Now add 8 ounces of the hot coffee, and top each with a scoop ice cream.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- Apple Spiced Tea by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Hot Tea Toddy by Our Good Life
- Hot Vanilla by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mexican Coffee by Family Around the Table
- Mocha Hot Chocolate by Books n’ Cooks
- Small Batch Vanilla Cinnamon Cold Brew Latte by The Baking Fairy
- S’mores Latte by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tom and Jerry Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm