Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you I love using bacon in recipes. This maple mustard glazed bacon-wrapped chicken has all the flavor going on! It’s the perfect busy weeknight meal.
My family loves chicken so I’m always trying new things with it. My family also loves bacon and this recipe for maple glazed chicken and vegetables.
So I decided to try something new and combine a couple of favorites. The result is this maple mustard glazed bacon-wrapped chicken and I’m here to tell you it’s a winner and a keeper!
Advance Prep Work for Maple Mustard Glazed Bacon Wrapped Chicken
There are parts of this recipe you can do in advance so you can get it on the table more quickly:
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic pepper.
- Wrap chicken with bacon.
- Cover chicken with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook
Mixing the maple syrup and Dijon mustard takes mere minutes so no need to do that in advance.
Can I use something other than Dijon mustard?
The short answer is, I wouldn’t. Dijon is, in all aspects, smooth. I would say it’s the mildest of mustards on the market and has a creamy mouth feel. It compliments the maple syrup well.
Spicy brown mustard would overpower the maple and yellow mustard has too much of a twang, if that’s even a word, but you get what I mean.
The only mustard I might even remotely consider substituting would be whole grain mustard and not everyone likes it.
This maple bacon chicken recipe is sure to become a regular menu item. I’ve made it a few times in the last few months, it’s really that easy.
What can I serve with chicken?
For the Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, patted dry
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 to 12 slices of bacon, this depends on how large the chicken breasts are, I used 2 to 2 ½ slices of bacon for each.
For the Glaze:
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Season each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Wrap each chicken breast with bacon slices and place in a 9 x 13' baking dish, seam-side down.
- In a small bowl whisk together maple syrup and Dijon mustard until well combined.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each chicken breast with maple mustard glaze. Reserve some to baste while baking.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done, brushing with the glaze a couple of times during baking. Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165˚F on an instant-read thermometer. Start checking for doneness at around 40 - 45 minutes.
- To serve, spoon juices over chicken and garnish with parsley.