The pecan coating adds a delightful crunch to ordinary chicken. This chicken dinner has so much flavor and uses only four ingredients. You’ll make it over and over again.
I have a lot of favorite nuts. One of my favorite to cook with, and the one I use most often, is pecans. I always have pecans in my pantry and freezer.
Many of the recipes on my blog are my Mom’s. She was a great cook. I found the recipe card for pecan chicken in her collection. I love looking through her recipes. It makes me feel close to her again.
The flavors here are pretty classic and with only four ingredients – honey, mustard, chicken, and pecans – it comes together quickly.
That’s right, four ingredients and you probably have them in your pantry right now. I often look to my vast collection of cookbooks and recipe boxes (I have 4 between mine and my Moms) for inspiration. I was feeling bored with recent meals and was happy to find this recipe since I had all the ingredients.An easy weeknight dinner, pecan chicken comes together quickly and is full of flavor. #dinner #weeknightdinner
Finely chopped pecans work best and give great texture to the dish. It’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner yet impressive for entertaining. It’s low maintenance once you get it in the baking dish. You can prepare it ahead and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Serve with roasted vegetables plus a baked sweet potato to complete the meal.
Try these other chicken recipes:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Flatten each piece of chicken to 1/4" thickness. Set aside.
- Combine honey and mustard, mixing well, in a small bowl and spread on both sides of chicken. Dredge chicken in pecans. Arrange in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 - 40 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is tender.
Pecan Chicken was originally published on October 4, 2017, updated June 28, 2020.
Recipes with Pantry Staples
Visiting these recipes will result in a new window opening.
- Black Beans and Rice by That Recipe
- Cheesy Southwestern Chicken Casserole by Making Miracles
- Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Macaroni Tuna Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pantry Burrito Bowls by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Pecan Chicken by Family Around The Table
- Sourdough English Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks