Let the shenanigans begin when you serve these lucky leprechaun minty milkshakes. It’s an easy treat the whole family will enjoy and a fun way to get festive for St. Patrick’s Day. The milkshake is made with just 2 ingredients, not including the garnishes.
It’s almost time for the wearin’ o’ the green, or, in other words, St. Patrick’s Day. My boys love mint chocolate chip ice cream so I decided to make them Lucky Leprechaun Minty Milkshakes as a treat for St. Paddy’s Day. Take my word when I say they loved them.
My boys come by their love of mint chocolate chip ice cream honestly. It’s my absolute favorite flavor too.
Making this milkshake seemed natural. I’m usually not partial to the green mint chip but for St. Patrick’s Day, I definitely wanted green because of the holiday.
I used Baskin Robbins but you can use your favorite brand. If it’s not green add a couple of drops of green food coloring when you add the ingredients to the blender.
I used my soda fountain ice cream soda glasses to serve the shake. Serving the milkshakes in Mason jars would be fun too.
I used a canned ready made whipped cream but if you have heavy whipping cream on hand, whip up some fresh for these milkshakes
If you love milkshakes, try these other favorites:
Simple Coffee Milkshake from Daily Dish Recipes
- 1 (14 ounce) container mint chocolate chip ice cream (I used Baskin Robbins)
- ¾ cup milk
- Whipped cream, for garnish (I used Reddi Whip)
- Chocolate chips for garnish
- ½ cup white Wilton candy melts
- Green sprinkles
- Melt candy melts in a bowl in the microwave according to package directions. Dip rims of 2 soda glasses in candy and immediately sprinkle rim with green sprinkles. Place in refrigerator to set until ready to use.
- In a blender combine the mint chocolate chip ice cream, the whole container, and milk. Blend until frothy. Divide mixture among the 2 prepared soda glasses. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with chocolate chips and sprinkles. Serve.