The Original Nutty Irishman Cocktail is made with only 2 ingredients. It’s more of an after-dinner drink because it’s made with cordials. It’s a fine ending to an evening meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
This post is sponsored by NewAir.
Not only is it delicious after dinner, but it’s also the perfect cocktail for St. Patrick’s Day. Whether you are entertaining for the holiday or just enjoying a Nutty Irishman drink after dinner, the combination of hazelnut liqueur and Irish cream is classic.
This post starts a new monthly series about vintage cocktails. While everyone is into craft cocktails, there are amazing vintage cocktails that need to make a comeback.
Why is this version called the Original Nutty Irishman Cocktail?
Some versions add Irish whiskey in addition to the Irish cream and Frangelico, top it with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Others add plain black coffee, though I think this version would be delicious with hazelnut coffee. Yet another version adds the Mexican liqueur Kahlua and heavy cream. To me, this isn’t Irish.
I’ve even seen a version with the two liqueurs and vodka. For me, I prefer the original.
If you are entertaining for a party, it’s always nice to have extra ice. The Newair countertop clear ice maker makes 40 pounds of ice a day. The one I was sent is remanufactured, making it a bit less expensive.
Why You Need the Newair Countertop Ice Machine
- Makes crystal-clear ice at the touch of a button. All you need to do is add water.
- Clear ice melts more slowly. Why does clear ice melt more slowly? Because it’s only water, it’s denser so it melts more slowly and lasts longer. Air and impurities make it melt away more quickly. A cloudy cube will shrink because the air pockets will cause some evaporation.
- Clear ice reduces excess carbonation and melts more slowly, making it perfect for cocktails, scotch, soda, and more.
- Make a new batch of crystal-clear ice every 7 minutes for up to 40 pounds of ice per day.
- A thick, well-insulated interior stays cold for longer-lasting ice.
- Easy to clean BPA-free parts takes the worry out of your ice.
- It comes with a handy dandy ice scoop.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- There are only 2 ingredients – Bailey’s Irish Cream and Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur.
- You make this Nutty Irishman in the glass. No cocktail shaker is necessary.
- It’s ideal for an after dinner drink and could even be served in place of dessert.
Are you looking for more cocktails?
The Irish Buck Cocktail is another adult beverage that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day and Original Irish Coffee is another after-dinner drink. If you’re wanting another type of Frangelico cocktail, warm up on a chilly evening with Frangelico Hot Chocolate. Bailey’s lovers will enjoy this Salted Caramel Bailey’s Milkshakes on a warm day.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
The Original Nutty Irishman Cocktail
- 3 ounces Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
- 3 ounces Irish Cream Liqueur
- In a rocks glass filled with ice, add 3 ounces each of Frangelico hazelnut liqueur and Irish Creme liqueur.
- Gently stir to combine. Serve.