This year we are spending Thanksgiving with friends, I thought I’d make some easy homemade cranberry vanilla liqueur. It will make a nice hostess gift.
I love making homemade gifts for many reasons. It can often be more economical, it shows you put a lot of time, effort and thought into the gift and it’s very personalized.
This liqueur is easier to make then you think. It starts with a good vanilla vodka, because something you like is going to taste better. There are many on the market. You also need frozen cranberries. Fresh cranberries work in a pinch. The key tool is a food processor. While you can use a blender, a food processor will make quick work of the cranberries.
I know, these pulsed cranberries don’t look pretty. You are going to add this to the vanilla vodka because that’s where all the flavor lives. You may be wondering why not just use whole cranberries. Breaking them down lets the flavor seep into the vodka.
Once strained, the result is a gorgeous, red clear liqueur. Steeping takes 2 to 3 weeks so be sure to plan ahead if making this for gifts.
More Cranberry recipes on the site include: cranberry butter, glazed cranberry almond squares, and cranberry orange shortbread bars with orange glaze.
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups frozen cranberries
- 750 ml vanilla vodka
- In a medium saucepan, make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil one minute. Remove from heat and cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree the cranberries.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the vanilla vodka with the simple syrup. Stir to combine and then add cranberry puree. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 - 3 weeks, stirring every so often.
- Using a fine mesh strainer and ladle, strain mixture into one or two large measuring cups. Once mixture is strained, transfer to clean, decorative bottles. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use or gift.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s Cranberry Week! See all the other delicious cranberry recipes being shared today (and follow #cranberryweek to see even more):
- Cranberry & Brown Sugar Glazed Turkey Meatloaf from Savory Moments
- Cranberry Butter from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Curd Pie from The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Glazed Meatballs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip from Sweet Beginnings
- Cranberry Orange Marmalade from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Prosecco Punch from Our Good Life
- Cranberry Salsa from The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes from Our Crafty Mom
- Cranberry Walnut Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Vanilla Liqueur from Family Around the Table
- Homemade Granola Recipe (with cranberries & coconut) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Jalapeno Cranberry Bombs from Cookaholic Wife
- Pear and Cranberry Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Polar Espresso Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Maple Bourbon Cranberry Sauce from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Sugared Sparkling Cranberries from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Tart Cherry Cranberry Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie