Fresh blueberries with a sweet buttery topping make this Blueberry Crisp for Two the perfect easy-to-make summer dessert. They bake in just 30 minutes and are ready when dinner is done.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
Ingredients for Blueberry Crisp for Two
Blueberries are a very popular fruit that is prized for their antioxidant properties. With just a few ingredients, you can have these small blueberry desserts prepared in no time.
- For the Filling:
- Blueberries – easily use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Cornstarch – it thickens the filling.
- Granulated Sugar – for a touch of sweetness. A sugar substitute is fine.
- For the Topping:
- Flour – use all-purpose.
- Rolled Oats – not quick-cooking oats.
- Brown Sugar – for great flavor.
- Butter – use unsalted. If you only have salted, omit the salt in the recipe.
- Salt – just a bit for flavor.
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving, optional but oh so worth it!
Can I make this dessert for two for more people?
This blueberry crisp for two is easily scaled for more servings. You just need more ramekins.
You could make a larger crisp in an 8×8 baking dish though you may need to bake it a bit longer. I do prefer to make individual desserts because you make just what you need.
The individual dessert is perfect for a dinner party because who doesn’t love their own treat?
My husband loves any kind of fruit crisp and my youngest loves blueberries so I worked up this blueberry crisp for two.
I venture a guess, that because this dish is almost licked clean, it was a success.
When I first started measuring out ingredients I only used 1 1/2 cups of blueberries. I quickly decided that was not enough for the size of ramekins I have so I increased them to 2 cups.
The topping was the right amount for two servings. I used a new to me oatmeal product in the topping. It’s Irish oatmeal from Flavahan’s and both of my taste testers said this was the best crisp I’ve ever made.
If you can’t find Irish Oatmeal you can substitute rolled oats.
Again, I think that an empty dish says it all!
What can I serve with a berry crisp?
This easy fruit crisp is perfect served warm from the oven but if you want to, top it off with a small scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. Freshly whipped cream would also be a delicious topping.
More Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry Crisp for Two
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats, not quick cooking
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter unsalted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a small bowl toss together the blueberries with the cornstarch and the sugar until well-coated. Put blueberries into two ramekins (I used Aplico #3 which are about 10 ounces each) and set aside on a rimmed, foil-lined baking sheet.
- In another small bowl combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender and use your hands to work it all together, working the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the berries and bake for 30 minutes, or until the berries are bubbly and the topping is golden.