When the dog days of summer hit and you want a cool treat, this frozen hot chocolate is just the ticket. It’s also a great after-school surprise for the kids.
After all, kids love hot chocolate when the temperature drops, and this frozen version will be a welcome refreshment all summer long.
This is actually the first time I’ve made this drink. When my oldest son was in kindergarten, parents were invited to help at the holiday party before winter break.
There were parents there who owned a restaurant and the treated the kids to frozen hot chocolate. The kids had never had it before and it was a hit. It was one of the best things I’ve ever tasted. I’ve never forgotten that drink.
That was 13 years ago. My son is now a senior. It’s taken me this long to make it. He loved it though, so did his brother.
Frozen hot chocolate is the perfect way to use up leftover packets from wintertime. You need two packets to make 4 servings.
Frozen Hot Chocolate by Family Around the Table
Fruit Bomb Smoothies by Our Good Life
Fluffernutter Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 2 packets (1.38 ounces each) hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup ice
- Additional Hershey's syrup
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Whipped cream
- In a blender add milk, 2 tablespoons of Hershey's syrup, hot chocolate mix, and ice.
- Blend until mixture is frothy and ice is blended.
- Before adding the frozen concoction into a glass, drizzle chocolate syrup into the glass then fill with frozen mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.