When the dog days of summer hit and you want a cool treat, this Frozen Hot Chocolate is just the ticket. It’s also a great after-school surprise for the kids.
After all, kids love hot chocolate when the temperature drops and this frozen version will be a welcome refreshment all summer long.
This is actually the first time I’ve made this drink. When my oldest son was in kindergarten, parents were invited to help at the holiday party before winter break.
There were parents who owned a restaurant and they treated the kids to a frozen hot chocolate or an Oreo milkshake from time to time. The kids had never had it before and it was a hit. It was one of the best things I’ve ever tasted. I’ve never forgotten that drink.
That was 13 years ago. My son is now a senior. It’s taken me this long to make it. He loved it though, so did his brother.
Frozen hot chocolate is the perfect way to use up leftover packets from wintertime. You need two packets to make 4 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
How do you serve frozen hot chocolate?
These mason jar mug glasses are a fun way to serve frozen hot chocolate. The wide mouth of the glass allows for easy access to add the Hershey syrup to the
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 2 packets 1.38 ounces each hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup ice
- Additional Hershey’s syrup
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Whipped cream
- In a blender add milk, 2 tablespoons of Hershey’s syrup, hot chocolate mix, and ice.
- Blend until mixture is frothy and ice is blended.
- Before adding the frozen concoction into a glass, drizzle chocolate syrup into the glass then fill with frozen mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.