I received a package of Caveman Coffee White Gold to create this recipe for mini chocolate chip coffee ice cream. I also received cacao butter but it is not used in this recipe. All opinions are my own. There are affiliate links in this post.
Chocolate and coffee are a winning combination. I’ve made mini chocolate chip coffee ice cream. The Caveman Coffee White Gold has nutty and creamy notes that lends itself to a delicious ice cream flavor. The addition of mini chocolate chips gives great texture as well as chocolaty flavor. You will definitely notice the coffee flavor but it is not overpowering. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe. I have and absolutely love my Cuisinart ice cream maker. It has served me well over the years and makes just enough for my family.
You also need to plan in advance because the mixture needs to chill at least one hour before it goes into the ice cream machine AND it needs to chill about 4 hours to overnight before serving. Making it a day in advance of when you want to serve it would be a good idea.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Caveman Coffee White Gold coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the sugar and heavy cream to a large liquid measuring cup. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add in milk, coffee and vanilla. Stir to combine. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Pour the ice cream base into your ice cream maker. Following the instructions for your ice cream maker, mix until thick and semi-frozen. Just before removing from the machine, add the mini chocolate chips for a few churns, until mixed in.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and cover. Freeze 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with more mini chips, if desired.