Coffee, vanilla, and chocolate come together in this Mini Chocolate Chip Coffee Ice Cream. The perfect treat on a warm summer night.
Chocolate and coffee are a winning combination. I’ve made mini chocolate chip coffee ice cream. The Caveman Coffee White Gold has nutty and creamy notes that lends itself to a delicious ice cream flavor. The addition of mini chocolate chips gives great texture as well as chocolaty flavor. You will definitely notice the coffee flavor but it is not overpowering. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe. I have and absolutely love my Cuisinart ice cream maker. It has served me well over the years and makes just enough for my family.
You also need to plan in advance because the mixture needs to chill at least one hour before it goes into the ice cream machine AND it needs to chill about 4 hours to overnight before serving. Making it a day in advance of when you want to serve it would be a good idea.
Mini Chocolate Chip Coffee Ice Cream
Cool off with a sweet treat.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the sugar and heavy cream to a large liquid measuring cup. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add in milk, coffee and vanilla. Stir to combine. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Pour the ice cream base into your ice cream maker. Following the instructions for your ice cream maker, mix until thick and semi-frozen. Just before removing from the machine, add the mini chocolate chips for a few churns, until mixed in.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and cover. Freeze 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with more mini chips, if desired.
Love this combination of chocolate chip ice cream and coffee! The link-up has some other great ideas.
Chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite, and coffee is my second favorite– I wonder what they taste like together?
I love coffee ice cream but never thought of adding chocolate chips. Definitely a good idea. I bet this dessert would taste delicious with some blondies
Claudia Krusch says
You had me at coffee! It looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it!
Lois Alter Mark says
Okay, you just mentioned so many of my favorite things in one title! I am drooling just thinking about this!
I have not had dinner yet, but now I want ice cream! This ice cream has all of the flavors that I love in it. I think this would be the perfect end to any day.
Mmm coffee ice cream! We have an ice cream ball so I could definitely make this!
That sounds amazing! There is nothing better than homemade ice cream and I love the coffee chip twist.