It’s no secret that I love to bake. For my family, friends, and neighbors. I’ve rounded up 16 easy coffee cakes, quick breads, and muffins that are easy for any occasion.
When ever we have out of town visitors, whether it’s for a long weekend, the holidays or a special celebration, I always make a little something they can help themselves to if they get hungry.
Coffee cakes, quick breads and muffins are all great choices for a light breakfast with coffee or tea. Plus they can double as dessert too.
In addition to offering my guests delicious baked goods, I like to offer interesting beverages. Caramel coffee is always a hit as is this pumpkin spice caramel mocha. It’s fun to surprise people with coffee shop quality beverages and pastries.
How to make a breakfast spread
When I have family and friends over for brunch, whether it’s impromptu or around the holidays, I like to offer some sweet baked goods on the buffet, along with the fun brunch beverages.
When I set up a breakfast spread I like to have my chafing dishes after my sweet breads. No reason really, other than my preferance. I use baskets lined with pretty linens for mini or regular size muffins. For quick breads I like to slice part of the loaf and arrange the uncut and slices on a cutting board or other tray like serving platter.
My line-up goes something like this:
- Plates, silverware, napkins
- Baskets of mini and regular sized muffins
- Slices of quick breads and coffee cakes
- Baskets of breads for toasting like bagles, wheat bread, croissants
- Gourmet butters for the muffins, coffee cakes, and breads like cranberry butter or whipped pumpkin spice honey butter
- Chafing dishes with sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, diner-style potatoes and maybe a breakfast casserole
- A variety of juices in pitchers and maybe a prosecco to make mimosas
- Coffee pots with regular, decaf and hot water for tea and cocoa