I love making muffins and these coffee cake muffins are no exception. They are great to have on hand for busy mornings when you need to get out the door.
This post is sponsored by Door County Coffee. I have been provided with samples to try. All opinions are my own.
It’s been a long time since I’ve made muffins. Not quite sure why because everyone in my family loves them. I have quite a number on the site too. These coffee cake muffins were perfect with the cinnamon hazelnut coffee.
If your family loves muffins like my family does you need to try jumbo pumpkin spice muffins with streusel topping, fresh raspberry streusel muffins, or chocolate chip muffins.
Rather than just leave the cinnamon nut topping on top of the muffins, I gently swirled it thorough the batter. That way you get cinnamon goodness in every bite. If your family has a nut allergy, it’s perfectly fine to omit them.
Coffee cake muffins and a Door County Coffee travel mug make for a perfect mid-morning snack at work. Honestly, I have never had a travel mug that has kept my coffee as hot for as long as this one did. Needless to say it was a pleasant surprise.
Before I received my goodie box, I took a peek at their website to see what kinds of coffee they offered. Well, they offer so many flavors, there is absolutely something for everyone! Plus you can find K-cups, ground, regular, decaf, flavored or non-flavored. My husband and I have had fun trying everything.
A couple of our favorites include the cinnamon hazelnut, blueberry cobbler, frosted cinnamon bun, and, surprisingly the orange creme. We weren’t sure we’d like orange in a coffee but it’s really good!
Coffee Cake Muffins
Make coffee cake muffins for breakfast, a mid-morning snack or tuck into a lunchbox for a sweet treat.
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside. Prepare a muffin tin by lining with paper muffin cups, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl or measuring cup, combine the egg, oil and milk. Gently stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling about ¾ of the way full. Top each with about 2 teaspoons of the nut mixture. Using a clean butter knife, carefully swirl the nut mixture into the batter.
- Bake at 400° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm.
Muffins are delicious at room temperature too. Store covered and reheat in a microwave if desired.
As a member of various affiliate programs I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases with no additional charge to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information automatically calculated. Recipe author has not checked the calculations.
Wednesday 24th of April 2019
Oh man, what a great combo of flavors! I little portable coffee cake!
Wednesday 24th of April 2019
These look so yummy! I am pinning them and hope to make them this weekend :) Thanks for the great recipe!
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Tuesday 23rd of April 2019
Oh my, do these ever look good! All of a sudden, I'm feeling the need to host a brunch!!!
Amy (Savory Moments)
Saturday 20th of April 2019
We are muffin fanatics in our house lol -- these look so yummy! Perfect with that coffee!