If you’ve read my blog for any period of time you know I love crunchy toppings on breads and muffins. I knew I had to make jumbo pumpkin spice muffins with streusel topping because, well, you know I love streusel!
Every year when I make some pumpkin treats, I think of my Mom. She enjoyed just about anything pumpkin, except pumpkin pie.
I would have to say her favorite recipe was my chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Her face would light up when I made it for her.
These muffins are a new favorite in our house. It’s nice that they only make 6. They are jumbo for sure. The crunch topping adds great texture and flavor.
The recipe uses pumpkin pie spice which is easily made from spices you probably have in your spice cabinet.
It’s best to serve these muffins warm. Plain butter or my whipped pumpkin spice honey butter are good choices.
Tuck a muffin into your lunch, grab one as you head out the door for work, or enjoy as a mid-morning snack.
Are you craving more pumpkin recipes?
Pumpkin Pie Moscow Mule from Love and Confections.
Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce from Hardly A Goddess.
Goat Cheese and Sage Pizza with Pumpkin Crust from The Spiffy Cookie.
Kaddo Bowrani (Afghan Pumpkin with Yoghurt Sauce) from Caroline’s Cooking.
Pumpkin Beer Bread from Forking Up.
Pumpkin Chili from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Focaccia Bread from Cookaholic Wife.
Pumpkin Ravioli with Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Pumpkin Rosemary Hummus with Sizzled Garlic from Amy’s Cooking Adventures.
Pumpkin Stew with Chicken and Black Beans from Palatable Pastime.
Brown Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from The Redhead Baker.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake from Daily Dish Recipes.
Jumbo Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Pecan Streusel Topping from Family Around The Table.
Pumpkin Blondies from It Bakes Me Happy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Pumpkin Madeleines from Mildly Meandering.
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal from Seduction in the Kitchen.
Pumpkin Pie Tassies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Scones from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Zucchini Streusel Bread from An Affair from the Heart.
Ridiculously Good Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cake from Bacon Fatte.
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pecans, I use pecans from Millican Pecan Company
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a jumbo 6 cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Do not overmix. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling to ⅔ full.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, and flour. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Gently press topping into the batter so it sticks.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm with butter, honey, or my whipped pumpkin spice honey butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.