Have I mentioned my family loves muffins? Well, we do and I tend to make them often however, I usually end up making our favorites over and over. I don’t branch out much and I’m not really sure why. Recently, I made mini cinnamon sugar muffins and they were a total with the family. While you could make them in a regular size muffin tin, they may be too sweet with all the cinnamon sugar.
I’ll say, they were an instant hit with one reservation. Only half of the family liked them rolled in the cinnamon sugar, the other half thought only the tops should be dipped in the sweet stuff. So that, I’m going to say, is a personal preference. What’s interesting is my boys were split. You’d think kids would like sweeter. I could really go either way.
They remind me of a cinnamon donut and that’s not a bad thing. I guess the only way it’s a bad thing is I could, quite possibly, devour all of them! These muffins will keep on the counter, covered in foil for about 2 days if they last that long.
Looking for More Muffin Recipes?
If you like mini muffins, you need to check out my praline pumpkin spice mini muffins or mini apple muffins with oatmeal streusel topping.
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
The whole family will love these mini cinnamon sugar muffins.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2-¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melted butter and cinnamon-sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini muffin pans and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well.
- Beat in milk.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; beat into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Dip muffins in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- Serve warm.
- As an alternative, dip only muffin tops in butter then dip in sugar.
- To make cinnamon sugar combine ½ cup of granulated sugar with 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon Mix well.
anne lawton says
You had me a cinnamon and sugar! I love that they are small too.
Camilla at Culinary Adventures says
I really like mini muffins, but I don’t make them very often. I’ll have to try these. Thanks for sharing!
Amy's Cooking Adventures says
Yum! My kids would love these!
I could devour these! I love the light coating of cinnamon and sugar and their tiny bite sized size! Yum!
Liz @ Books n' Cooks says
LOVE these! I haven’t made them in years, but these little guys are hard to stop at just 1.
Cinnamon sugar always adds such a lovely flavor to things. Yum!
Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids says
I remember my grandma making a muffin like this growing up. I can’t wait to try it and share it with my kids!
I really like muffins too! These sound great for weekend breakfasts around our house.
Dawn Lowenstein says
Thank you for sharing this recipe!