The delicious topping on my apple banana streusel bread takes this sweet treat over the top! Perfect for a snack or with coffee for breakfast.
I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine.
My Mom was a great cook who left a large collection of recipes and I peruse them often. This apple banana streusel bread came from my Mom’s stash but it started out as apple streusel muffins.
I had one lone banana I needed to use, not enough for my regular banana bread recipe, so I thought I’d toss it in this recipe and make it into a loaf.
I’ve never shredded an apple for a recipe before. The Lady Alice apples from Ranier Fruit were nice and juicy and shredded up easily. I just used my cheese shredder on the large holes.
I’m convinced the bread was moist due to the juicy apple. They were delicious and I was sad when they were all gone. My husband and boys were sad when they were gone too.
The streusel topping adds a sweet crunch to the bread. You could enjoy this with your morning coffee or tea or as a dessert.The delicious topping on my apple banana streusel bread takes this sweet treat over the top! Perfect for a snack or with coffee for breakfast. #snacks
It would also make a great gift for neighbors during the holidays. I’ve made this bread a second time already because the first loaf didn’t last long in my house. I’m thinking next time I may make it into muffins.
Muffins would definitely be a great grab and go breakfast or snack.
Forty Bloggers from around North America will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to cakes, danish, tarts, and pizzas. 170 recipes and something for everyone!
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Almond Joy Iced Coffee from Hardly A Goddess
Rose Water & St. Germain Champagne Cocktail from The Barbee Housewife
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Huevos Gratinados from Palatable Pastime
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Banana Streusel Bread from Family Around the Table
Crispy Apple Cheesecake Danish from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
German Apple Pancake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Overnight Raspberry French Toast from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Peach Custard Tart from The Redhead Baker
Pecan Gingerbread Buns from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Raspberry and Chocolate Grilled Cheese from Brunch-n-Bites
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Apple, Grape, and Walnut Chicken Salad from Love and Confections
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Cheddar Broccoli Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Fully Loaded Stuffed Potatoes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Champagne Pound Cake with Rose Water Frosting from Sweet Beginnings
Lemon Cheesecake Parfaits from Cookaholic Wife
Apple Banana Streusel Bread
Wake up to Apple Banana Streusel Bread.
- 1 ½ cups sifted flour
- ¼ cup Dixie Crystals sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup peeled and shredded Lady Alice apples
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 ½ x 4 ½ x 2 ½ loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare streusel. Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add cubed cold butter and cut in until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Stir in banana and apple.
- In a small bowl mix milk, oil,and egg until well blended. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Put batter in prepared pan and top with streusel mixture. Gently press topping into batter without crushing it.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
I am a sucker for a good quick bread and the struesel takes it to the next level!
Julia @ Plated Cravings says
This looks divine! I love the streusel on top <3
Krissy Allori says
I can’t wait to make this and enjoy with my morning coffee!