I’ve had this recipe for overnight nutty coffee cake for many, many, many years. I’ve shared it with many friends though the years. When the make ahead brunch event was announced this is the first recipe that came to mind.
This sweet coffee cake is moist with a delicate crumb. The powdered sugar glaze adds a depth of flavor without making it overly sweet. The sweet nut topping sinks a bit into the batter during baking giving it a swirled appearance. It bakes in about 30 – 35 minutes so it can be on the table quickly. Serve it warm or at room temperature.
For the topping:
For the cake:
For the glaze:
Thank you to Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings for hosting the event.
- Apple and Bacon Cornmeal Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Lemon Crumb Cake by Life Tastes Good
- Overnight Nutty Coffee Cake by Family Around The Table
- Asparagus Quiche in Hash Brown Crust by Wimpy Vegetarian
- Ham and Cheese Empanadas by Asian In America
- Make Ahead Baked Monte Cristo Cassarole by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole by Soulfully Made
- Sorrel, Chive & Duck Egg Frittata by Wholistic Woman
Sides and Veggies
- Asparagus Tart with Goat Cheese and Spring Greens by Monica’s Table
- Baked Chili Maple Bacon by Food Lust People Love
- Blackberry Orange Oatmeal Bowls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette by Helpful Homemade
- Vegetable Lasagna by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings