You can usually find a quick bread on my counter for snacks or breakfast. I recently had zucchini I needed to use up. This one bowl chocolate chip zucchini bread is a variation of a recipe I found in my Mom’s collection.
This post is sponsored by Nielsen Massey Vanillas. All opinions are my own.
While the kids are home on break I like having muffins or quick breads on hand so they can grab a snack when they want. Or have a light breakfast after sleeping in a little bit.
When Nielsen Massey approached me about a post using one of their vanillas, they asked that it be in conjunction with their Better Your Bake video series. If you’re not familiar with the series, you should be! There are a number of great videos including one on how to prepare baking pans and molds. The video focuses on a madeleine pan but it’s good information for any recipe that requires preparing a pan with butter, like this one!
By properly preparing your pan will ensure success when you go to remove your zucchini bread. Trust me, I’ve had my share of broken baked goods because I didn’t butter the pan well.
How do I grate zucchini for one bowl chocolate chip zucchini bread?
If you’ve never grated zucchini before, you grate it just like you would a block of cheese. Use a grater with large holes, not one you’d use for zesting citrus. One of the best things is this is a one-bowl recipe. What does one bowl mean? Everything is mixed in the same bowl so there is less clean up. Yay for less clean up!
If you garden, this quick bread recipe is a great way to use up your zucchini bounty, as is this recipe for zucchini pancakes. While I’ve never done it, I’m sure you could make mini loaves or muffins if you want. You’ll need to adjust your baking time.
My Mom’s original recipe did not include the chocolate chips. I think she be happy with the addition. It’s not a sweet bread to begin with so the chocolate chips add just the right amount of sweetness.
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs beaten slightly
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips milk or semi-sweet
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan by coating it with softened butter. Be sure to butter inside both bottom and sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the beaten eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla with a whisk until blended.
- Add the zucchini, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir with a rubber spatula until combined then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes until toothpick tests done with moist crumbs clinging to it when inserted the center of the loaf.