Fall is in the air! My Mom loved pumpkin bread and this is Gigi’s spiced pumpkin pecan bread recipe. It was a staple in our home every fall when I was growing up. Going through her recipes recently, I found it and decided to make it for a friend who was having a bad week.
I named the recipe Gigi’s spiced pumpkin pecan bread because my boys called her Gigi rather than Grandma. My Mom actually wrote on the recipe that it is “very good” and she’s right! It’s moist with great texture and a bit of crunch from the pecans. This recipe makes 2 loaves in 9 x 5 loaf pans. One to keep, one to share…or freeze.
Can’t get enough pumpkin? Try these other recipes:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounce) 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate larger bowl mix pumpkin, brown sugar, juice, eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and ¾ cup of the pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly into each of the loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining nuts over the top of each loaf.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.