Homemade blueberry orange bread goes nicely with coffee or tea in the morning. Take a slice to work for a mid-day snack as well.
Pin Homemade Blueberry Orange Bread for Later.
I always love keeping a quick bread on my counter. They are the perfect snack, go well with coffee in the morning, or after dinner when you want a little something sweet, but not too sweet. It goes well with milk, coffee, or hot tea.
Quick bread, such as this homemade blueberry orange bread or my Mom’s banana bread, make a nice accompaniment to a lunch salad. I often make quick bread to give new neighbors or to bring as hostess gifts when invited by friends or family.
This bread gets its subtle orange flavor from orange juice and zest. You can use store-bought or fresh juice. I used fresh since I had an orange for the zest.
Whenever I make blueberry muffins I sprinkle sugar on top. It’s something my Mom always did. Though I didn’t add it to the recipe, I did add it to the top of this bread.
I came across this delicious bread while looking for recipes to make for our school’s faculty and staff at the end of the year. I like to take a tray of goodies in to thank them for a great year.
I don’t want everything to be chocolate or sweet so I try to make a variety. Having just picked blueberries this homemade blueberry orange bread was ideal.
Thank you Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #BlueberryWeek. More than 20 top-notch bloggers are sharing a variety of blueberry recipes from breakfast to dessert. Follow #BlueberryWeek on social media so you don’t miss one delicious recipe.
Blueberry Week Recipes Breakfast
- Blueberry Orange Bread by Family Around the Table
- Fluffy Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes by Food Above Gold
- Glazed Blueberry Banana Coconut Bread by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Drinks & Appetizers
- Blueberry Peach Lemonade by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bare Knuckle Bourbon Blueberry Barbecue Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Crumb Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Peachy Blueberry Hand Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Rosemary Linzer Cookies with Blueberry Preserves by The Spiffy Cookie
Homemade Blueberry Orange Bread
Blueberry orange bread is an easy quick bread to make for breakfast or snacks.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine egg, orange juice, water, butter and orange zest. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour into a greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan to a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amy (Savory Moments)
Friday 2nd of August 2019
I use lemon with blueberries a lot, but I have not used orange before! I bet it's delicious!
Friday 2nd of August 2019
I want a warm slice with butter please