If you enjoy after dinner drinks, this Mexicocoa is the perfect end to a delicious meal, especially on a cool evening. It’s definitely a drink for grown-ups since it’s made with Kahlua and tequila.
WIth a few pantry staples and a well-stocked bar you probably have everything you need to make this Mexicocoa.
- Hot Chocolate Packets
- Hot Water
- Coffee Liqueur, such as Kahlua
- Silver Tequila
- Whipped Cream
- Cinnamon Sticks
The first time I added something special to hot chocolate it was peppermint schnapps. While it doesn’t get very cold for very long in Florida, I try to enjoy it once or twice a season.
But now that Mexicocoa is on my radar, I’ll be offering this to dinner guests. In fact, it’s a great idea to put hot chocolate on a beverage bar, along with a pot of coffee, with a few different liqueurs. Post some recipes on chalkboards or in frames so your guests can make their own concoctions.
The use of both Kahlua and tequila gives this drink a ton of flavor. The bit of cinnamon adds a warmth that’s perfect on a chilly day.
What is an after dinner drink?
It’s just that, a cocktail or spiked hot beverage served after the main meal, with or without dessert.
Originally an after dinner drink was more of a digestive, to aid in digesting the meal but over the last few years there has been an evolution.
An evolution to include coffee and hot chocolate drinks with alcohol. Mexicocoa starts with hot chocolate and you can choose to use a homemade version like my Ultimate Hot Chocolate or storebougth packets.
More After Dinner Drinks to Enjoy
These are adults-only drinks because they all have alcohol.
- 2 packets hot chocolate, such as Swiss Miss
- 8 ounces hot water
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon silver tequila
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a mug place 2 packets of hot chocolate. Add hot water. Gently stir to mix well.
- Add Kahlua, tequila, and cinnamon and stir. Garnish with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a cinnamon stick.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy Cocoa Recipes
- Bailey’s Hot Chocolate from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Cordial Hot Chocolate from The Freshman Cook
- Frozen Hot Chocolate from Devour Dinner
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix from Fresh April Flours
- Hot Brewed Cacao from Palatable Pastime
- Mexicocoa from Family Around the Table
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Making Miracles
- Red Velvet Hot Cocoa Bombs from Magical Ingredients
- Single Serve Hazelnut Hot Cocoa from Our Good Life
- Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate from Blogghetti
- Spiked Eggnog White Hot Chocolate from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiked Hot Chocolate from Art of Natural Living