Taste summer when you make a milkshake with fresh peaches. With just a few ingredients you can have a sweet treat on a warm afternoon.
Milkshakes have become a regular treat in our house this summer. I’ve had our milkshake glasses for many years now but they are just now getting lots of use. This version I made with the last lone peach in the fruit basket on my counter. When in doubt of what to do with over-ripe fruit or the only one left, make a milkshake! This fresh peach milkshake has an extra kick of vanilla making it extra rich in flavor.
It seems whenever I buy fruit, doesn’t matter what kind of fruit, there always seems to be one left that no one will eat. I honestly have no idea why and if anyone can shed some light on this topic, I’d love to hear about it. So that’s how this milkshake was born. One lone peach, but it’s OK. Overripe fruit is sweeter lending itself to being perfect for use in smoothies and milkshakes. Bananas are another good example. Maybe too ripe to eat but just right for breads or muffins too.
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 medium peach, peeled and pitted, sliced, reserving some peach bits for garnish
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- In a blender add vanilla ice cream, peach slices (not including garnish), 1/4 cup milk and vanilla extract. Blend until thick and frothy. If too thick, add more milk in small quantities.
- Pour into milkshake glass. Top with whipped cream and peach bits as garnish.
Easily increase ingredients for more servings.