Summer is the season of no-bake desserts. Who wants to turn on the oven when temperatures are hot, hot, hot? This no-bake double layer pudding pie is perfect when you don’t want to cook.
Plus, you may already have most of the ingredients in your pantry. I usually keep a graham cracker crust on hand for my Hershey bar pie and, if you have kids, you probably have pudding. Cool Whip could be the only ingredient you need.
Like the no-bake Oreos and cream dessert, this recipe also came from my Mom’s collection. If you love chocolate and pudding this is your pie. I remember my Mom making this every summer and my brother devouring it, just like every other pie she made! I’m going to wager your family and friends will like it too.
Once you make it with chocolate, try mixing things up. Use vanilla or butterscotch pudding for a different flavor. This is a pie you’ll make for all your summer gatherings.
- 1 ¼ cups cold milk, not skim
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker crust
- Chocolate bar to make shavings for garnish
- In a large bowl using a wire whisk, beat milk, pudding mixes and ½ of the Cool Whip for 1 minute, until mixture begins to get thick. Spread evenly into crust.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over set pudding layer. Using a zester, grate a part of a chocolate bar over the top as garnish.
- Refrigerate one hour before serving.
While it can be served immediately, it's best when refrigerated at least 1 hour.
- Grilled Corn with Hot Honey Lime Sauce by Our Good Life
- Chicken Piccata Burger with Roasted Radish Aioli by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- No Bake Double Layer Pudding Pie by Family Around the Table
- Hawaiian Chicken in Foil by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Smoked BBQ Sauce by Art of Natural Living