If you’re looking for a refreshing and simple cocktail, the Irish Buck cocktail is it! It’s made with just 3 ingredients.
A “buck” cocktail is one that has a spirit base, in this case, the Irish whiskey, ginger ale, and citrus. Other examples of buck cocktails include a dark and stormy (from Culinary Adventures with Camilla), made with rum, and the popular Moscow Mule, which is made with vodka.
There is a difference between Irish and American whiskeys and if you’re interested in learning, you can read about it in my Irish Coffee post.
It’s really an interesting read and not too long. I love learning about the history of things, cocktails included.
The Irish buck cocktail is a nice way to change up what you serve when entertaining. Plus it’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! If you don’t have Irish whiskey it is OK to substitute American but then don’t call it an Irish Buck.
If you're looking for a refreshing and simple cocktail, the Irish Buck cocktail is it! It's made with just 3 ingredients. Cheers! #cocktailtime #happyhour
More Irish Recipes
- Bangers and Mash by Everyday Eileen
- Easy Boxty by Our Good Life
- Brownie Batter Fudge for St. Patrick’s Day by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cod Cakes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Irish Buck Cocktail by Family Around the Table
- Irish Cheddar Ale Mac and Cheese by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Irish Cream Poke Cake by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Irish Soda Bread Scones by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Potted Crab by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Shamrock Shake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Irish Stew with Guinness by Palatable Pastime
- 2 ounces Irish Whiskey
- 3 ounces ginger ale
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime wheel, for garnish
- Fill a rocks glass with ice. Add Irish whiskey, ginger ale and lime juice. Stir gently and garnish glass with lime wheel.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 5 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information automatically calculated. Recipe author has not checked the calculations.