You can’t help thinking about (or singing) Escape – The Piña Colada song at the mere mention of the frozen concoction. You’re singing it now, aren’t you?
A piña colada is probably my favorite frozen tropical drink. The perfect marriage of pineapple, coconut, and rum.
I don’t use just any rum, though. While a piña colada can be made with any type of rum, my choice is a spiced rum, preferably Captain Morgan. To me, other spiced rums have that sharp bite. Captain Morgan is smooth.
Spiced rum adds more flavor to the drink without overpowering it and sometimes white rums can have that bite, or harshness, to them.
Remember, the better the ingredients, the better the drink.
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
- Easy Piña Colada Salad by April Golightly
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
- 4 ounces Spiced Rum, Captain Morgan preferred
- 8 ounces Cream of Coconut
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 3 cups of ice (more if necessary)
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Process until frothy. Pour into 4 cocktail glasses and garnish with pineapple slice.