A honey bourbon hot toddy is more than just a warm drink to take the chill off. There’s a reason it’s made the way it is. If you’ve ever been sick and Mom told you tea with lemon and/ or honey you know it’s because it’s soothing and has vitamin C. Turns out a hot toddy is a grown up version. I say grown up because there is alcohol involved.
Turns out bourbon is a decongestant. Everything I found researching a hot toddy said use whiskey. If you’re wondering the difference I explain it in my maple bourbon sour post. This drink looks like it’s made with tea but it’s not. Just four ingredients make up this beverage.
As I’ve said in many of my other adult beverage recipes use the best ingredients you can afford but use what you like. I like bourbon over whiskey but if you prefer whiskey, feel free to substitute it. I hope you’ve enjoyed this six week warm up drink series. Don’t forget to check out the other drinks this week.
Honey Bourbon Hot Toddy
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 16 ounces water
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 2 strips lemon peel
- In a small sauce pan bring water to a boil.
- In a 4 cup measuring cup add honey. Once water is boiling add water to honey and stir to dissolve. Once honey is dissolved, add bourbon and stir.
- Divide between two 8 ounce mugs and garnish with a lemon peel stripe.
- Bourbon Hot Toddy by Family Around the Table
- Graham Cracker Latte by Books n’ Cooks
- Sweetheart Coffee by Our Good Life
- Winter Wonderland Mojito by Culinary Adventures with Camilla