Frozen strawberry margaritas are a great way to use up an abundance of strawberries in your fridge. Made with just a few ingredients, you can be sipping this cocktail in no time.
Did you know that the margarita is the number one cocktail in the U.S.? It’s really no wonder why with so many varieties you can make. There is just about every flavor and flavor combination of margaritas. One of my very favorites is a frozen strawberry margarita.
I absolutely love them with a sugared rim. You may be wondering why sugar. Sometimes the berries can be tart and the sugar is a balance. Plus salt with strawberries isn’t really a natural combination.
Of course these can be made with frozen strawberries but fresh is always best. When it’s Florida strawberry season, from November to March, I always use fresh. If you do use frozen, cut back on the amount of ice.
These are perfect to enjoy sitting out by the pool, relaxing with friends or just to make a Saturday afternoon special. As I mentioned before in my post for Key Lime Margarita, use the best tequila you can afford. Silver is fine but I like to use a Reposado because, to me, it’s a bit smoother.
This recipe makes 2 servings and if you need more make it again. I don’t recommend doubling it. I know it takes more time but it will be worth it. The ice will blend better when making fewer servings at a time.
Celebrate National Margarita Weekend the third weekend in February or National Margarita Day on February 22. There’s also a National Tequila Day which is July 24.
- Lime Wedge And Sugar, For Rimming Glasses
- ⅔ cups Hulled Fresh Strawberries
- 3 ounces 100% Blue Agave Tequila
- 2 ounces Non-alcoholic Triple Sec
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 cups Ice Cubes
- Whole Strawberries, For Garnish
- Prepare margarita glasses by moistening rims with lime wedge and dipping rims in granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Pulse until slushy and smooth. Pour into prepared margarita glasses. Garnish with a whole strawberry that has been partially slit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Be My Valentine Margarita by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Margaritas by The Redhead Baker
- Cucumber Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fireball Margarita by Our Crafty Mom
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas by Family Around the Table
- Margarita Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Our Good Life
- Red Hot Rita by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Shy Violet Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Hibiscus Margaritas by The Baking Fairy