Frozen strawberry margaritas are a great way to use up an abundance of strawberries in your fridge. Made with just a few ingredients, you can be sipping this cocktail in no time.
Did you know that the margarita is the number one cocktail in the U.S.? It’s really no wonder why with so many varieties you can make. There is just about every flavor and flavor combination of margaritas. One of my very favorites is a frozen strawberry margarita.
I absolutely love them with a sugared rim. You may be wondering why sugar. Sometimes the berries can be tart and the sugar is a balance. Plus salt with strawberries isn’t really a natural combination.
Of course these can be made with frozen strawberries but fresh is always best. When it’s Florida strawberry season, from November to March, I always use fresh. If you do use frozen, cut back on the amount of ice.
These are perfect to enjoy sitting out by the pool, relaxing with friends or just to make a Saturday afternoon special. As I mentioned before in my post for Key Lime Margarita, use the best tequila you can afford. Silver is fine but I like to use a Reposado because, to me, it’s a bit smoother.
This recipe makes 2 servings and if you need more make it again. I don’t recommend doubling it. I know it takes more time but it will be worth it. The ice will blend better when making fewer servings at a time.
Celebrate National Margarita Weekend the third weekend in February or National Margarita Day on February 22. There’s also a National Tequila Day which is July 24.
Frozen strawberry margaritas are a great way to kick off the weekend. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Frozen Strawberry Margaritas
Frozen strawberry margaritas are a great way to kick off the weekend.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Be My Valentine Margarita by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Margaritas by The Redhead Baker
- Cucumber Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fireball Margarita by Our Crafty Mom
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas by Family Around the Table
- Margarita Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Our Good Life
- Red Hot Rita by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Shy Violet Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Hibiscus Margaritas by The Baking Fairy
Saturday 15th of February 2020
Definitely want to try one of these!
Friday 14th of February 2020
Nothing better than an icy strawberry Margarita when the weather is sweltering. I agree that fresh is best.