If you’ve never had a frozen mango margarita, you’re missing out. Made with fresh picked mangoes and premium tequila for a delicious summer cocktail.
It was a great week! I was the lucky recipient of some gorgeous home-grown mangoes. My neighbor brought some back with her from her visit to family in Miami. Both her mom and sister have trees in their yard. So when a friend gives you mangoes, you make frozen mango margaritas.
The mangoes were fairly ripe when I received them making them perfect for margaritas. I cut up the fruit, pureed it and measured what I needed for the cocktails. The rest I put into an ice cube tray and froze to use in the future. Not sure what the plans are for the frozen cubes but it probably involves cocktails.
I like serving margaritas. To me they are a quintessential summer drink. Personally, I prefer frozen margaritas like my frozen peach margaritas and frozen strawberry margaritas. They are cool, fruity, refreshing and easy to make. If you like the glasses, they are called Cactus Margarita Glasses.
- 2 cups fresh mango, pureed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- In a saucer or small plate place sugar. In a separate saucer or small plate place orange juice. Dip the rim of the 2 margarita glasses or other glasses into the juice then into the sugar. Set aside until ready to fill.
- In a blender combine all ingredients. Blend until ice is crushed and mixture is thick and frosty.
- Divide evenly among the glasses and enjoy.
Orange Crush Cocktail from A Turtle’s Life for Me • Tropical Sangria with Coconut from Daily DIY Life • Loaded Corona from Weekend Craft • Cinnamon Roll Fireball Shot from Our Crafty Mom • Rum Punch Summer Cocktail from Happy Go Lucky • Spiked Honey Arnold Palmer from Red Cottage Chronicle • Frozen Mango Margarita from a Family Around the Table • Ginger Beer Mojito from Creative Ramblings • Orange Creamsicle Cocktail from Create & Babble • Grapefruit Vodka Mule from Upright and Caffeinated