Meal planning is so helpful, not only for busy times of the year but year-round. This Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken can be frozen with the marinade or it can be cooked after marinating for just a few hours.
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken is a great meal for a busy night. It cooks up quickly and prep work can be done in advance.
This post is sponsored by NewAir but all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links where I earn a commission at no additional charge to you.
In fact, you can prepare the marinade and add it along with the chicken breasts into a freezer Ziploc bag and freeze it. Then on a busy night, just thaw and prepare. Pineapple teriyaki chicken comes together quickly and is delicious served alone or over rice.
It would also make a great wrap in a flour tortilla. You could certainly add some shredded lettuce or even use butter lettuce in place of a tortilla.
I love my new chest freezer from NewAir. It’s a 7 cu. ft. chest freezer that holds a TON of meats, popsicles, frozen goods, and meal prepped dishes like this pineapple teriyaki chicken.
The photo above was taken just after I received the freezer. Trust me, it’s full now! Having this chest freezer has helped me cut down on big shopping trips and allowed me to take advantage of grocery sales on beef, chicken, pork, and more, ultimately saving me money in the long run.
Just remember to rotate your frozen meats so you use the oldest first.
What’s so great about the NewAir Compact Chest Freezer?
There are so many benefits to this freezer. Honestly, until I was offered the opportunity to try one out I never thought I “needed” a chest freezer. Boy was I wrong.
- Precise digital temperature control – An easy-to-use digital thermostat. Choose the optimal temperature for your frozen meats, vegetables, frozen treats, and prepared meals.
- Fast freeze mode – Fast Freeze Mode reduces the time it takes to get your foodstuffs to a safe storage temperature.
- Door Alarm – The NewAir Top Open Freezer features a door alarm to prevent accidental losses and help you keep cold air in where it belongs.
- Compact design – Includes an interior basket for easy organization.
There’s plenty of room for a few bags of this teriyaki chicken. That way you have dinner for a few nights during the month.
These Polynesian Chicken Wings have very similar flavors to this pineapple teriyaki chicken.
What’s the Best Way to Prepare Stir-Fry Chicken?
The first thing I would say is over very high heat. I used my flat top Blackstone grill but a wok or a cast-iron skillet will also work just as well.
No matter what method you use, start with a small amount of neutral oil, either canola or vegetable. This is not the time to use olive oil unless you use a very high-quality olive oil, which translates to expensive and I like to save those for salad dressing where the flavor shines.
A neutral oil allows the flavor of the marinade to come through without being overpowering like olive oil can be sometimes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil for the pan
- Cooked white or brown rice for serving
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Label the outside of the zipper bag.
- Place the chicken in a gallon-size zip lock bag. Add pineapple juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and pepper. to the bag.
- Secure the bag and gently massage the marinade into the chicken.
- Freeze until ready to cook, or marinate 6 hours to overnight.
- When ready to cook: Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Using a sharp knife, cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the flat top grill, cast iron skillet or wok on high. Add a canola oil and heat.
- Add the onions and carrots and cook, tossing frequently until almost tender and caramelized.
- Before the vegetables are completely soft, add the cut up chicken. Cook over high heat, tossing frequently until caramelized and cooked through, about 8 - 10 minutes if the heat is high enough.
- Remove to a platter and serve over rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Newair 7.0 Cu. Ft. Compact Chest Freezer with Digital Temperature Control
Blackstone 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Propane Fuelled Restaurant Grade Professional 36” Outdoor Griddle Station with Side Shelf
Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, 6.5-Inch, Black
Lodge Pro-Logic Wok With Flat Base and Loop Handles, 14-inch, Black