It’s hot but that’s summer in Florida. Every summer, I might add but that’s OK. I love it here but I’m always looking for refreshing ways to cool off. I’ve been seeing a lot of wine slushies and when I needed to use up some cantaloupe recently I thought it might be fun to try making one. I also had part of a bottle of chardonnay. I thought they would work well together and I was right.
Never before have I tried juice fruit, other than citrus. I cut the cantaloupe into chunks and pureed it in my blender. Then I strained it through a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp and get just the glorious juice. They were really easy to make and turned out better than I imagined. Cool and delicious. Perfect for an end of the week refresher or sipping poolside.
- 1 cup pureed cantaloupe (to make juice)
- 1 cup white wine, preferable Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc plus a splash to blend
- To puree cantaloupe: Add cantaloupe chunks to a blender. Puree then strain into a measuring cup for juice.
- Freeze cantaloupe juice in ice cube tray. Freeze wine in ice cube tray.
- To make wine slushie: In blender add equal number of wine cubes and cantaloupe cubes with just a splash of wine. Blend until slushie. Taste and add more cubes as necessary according to taste.
Adjust quantities depending on the number of wells in your ice cube tray and the number of servings you need to prepare. Use a white wine you enjoy!
Sunday Supper Simple Mixed Drink Recipes
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float 2 Ways by My Life Cookbook
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri by Restless Chipotle
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
Tasty and Tropical
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made