It’s hot but that’s summer in Florida. Every summer, I might add but that’s OK. I love it here but I’m always looking for refreshing ways to cool off. I’ve been seeing a lot of wine slushies and when I needed to use up some cantaloupe recently I thought it might be fun to try making one. I also had part of a bottle of chardonnay. I thought they would work well together and I was right.
Never before have I tried juice fruit, other than citrus. I cut the cantaloupe into chunks and pureed it in my blender. Then I strained it through a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp and get just the glorious juice. They were really easy to make and turned out better than I imagined. Cool and delicious. Perfect for an end of the week refresher or sipping poolside.
Cantaloupe Wine Slushie
- 1 cup pureed cantaloupe to make juice
- 1 cup white wine preferable Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc plus a splash to blend
- To puree cantaloupe: Add cantaloupe chunks to a blender. Puree then strain into a measuring cup for juice.
- Freeze cantaloupe juice in ice cube tray. Freeze wine in ice cube tray.
- To make wine slushie: In blender add equal number of wine cubes and cantaloupe cubes with just a splash of wine. Blend until slushie. Taste and add more cubes as necessary according to taste.