Pulled pork sandwiches are easy and delicious. Made in the crockpot, serve them on a busy weeknight or for a game day gathering.
This post contains affiliate links, whereby I get a small commission if a purchase is make through the link.
OK, I must be honest. I am not really a fan of my crock pot, or slow cooker, as some call it. I had a REALLY old one that I got early in my marriage that would get so hot as it cooked, that I was afraid to leave it all day. So, for Christmas, I asked for a new one. I’m happy to have it but really use it no more than I used the old one. Pulled pork sandwiches are probably the recipe I make the most. I recently made a pulled chicken sandwich but my family likes this better. What I do love about this new crock pot is that it had a lid that secures so you can travel with it. It’s perfect for dips, chili and other dishes to take to a pot luck or game day party.
The first time I made pulled pork in my crock pot I had no idea what I was doing. I wasn’t even sure what cut of pork to use. I talked to the butcher at my supermarket. He suggested a pork butt, also known as a Boston butt. Well, my boys were hysterical when I told them. The first couple of times I made it I didn’t sear it in my pan. I use a cast iron skillet. The first time I did sear it my son asked what was different. I asked why and he said it tasted better. Now I sear it every time I make it. I usually buy what’s on sale, either bone-in or boneless. I do prefer the boneless cut but am always looking to save money. Both work equally well.
Thank you to Sue from Palatable Pastime for hosting Crocktober.
Easily make sliders with the pulled pork. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easily make sliders with the pulled pork.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Braised Beef Shank Pasta Sauce from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- CrockPot Lazy Cabbage Rolls from Tip Garden
- Korean-Style Beef Tacos from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders with Dill Pickle Slaw from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Slow Cooker Ham, Potato and Cheddar Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Crockpot Soup from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice