I created this recipe for Sweet and Smoky Juicy Lucy BBQ Sliders for the Budweiser Sauces Ultimate Blogger Recipe Challenge. I received complimentary product to do so, however the opinions are mine alone.
I had never heard of a Juicy Lucy until talking to my best friend one day about grilling out burgers. You don’t know what they are either? Well, my BFF lives outside Minneapolis and the Juicy Lucy is Minneapolis’s claim to fame, along with the musician Prince, of course. When I started thinking about a second recipe to use the Budweiser Brewmaster’s Premium Sweet and Smoky Sauce, I couldn’t get a Juicy Lucy out of my head. When I started bouncing ideas off of my 13 year old son, we came up with this recipe.
This was my first attempt at a Juicy Lucy. I wanted a cheese that I knew would melt well. I picked a Vermont white Cheddar. Provolone cubes would be another good choice because it also melts well. These delicious sliders make the perfect game day snack, movie night food, easy lunch or dinner. If you have teenage boys and their friends like to hang out at your house, double or even triple, the recipe. You know how hungry teenagers can be!
Be sure to check out my other recipe using these delicious Budweiser Brewmaster’s Premium Sauce and Marinades. I made a Honey BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin that is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
- 1 large onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to season ground beef
- 8 - 12 cubes (about 1/2-inch to 1-inch in size) Vermont white Cheddar cheese
- 9 ounces Budweiser Brewmaster's Premium Sweet and Smoky Barbecue Sauce
- 8 Hawaiian rolls (slider size)
- Lettuce leaves for serving.
- In a skillet caramelized onions in 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Take one cube of cheese and shape meatball around it. Over medium heat, pan fry meatballs until cooked all he way through and no pink remains.
- In a small saucepan, as meatballs cook, heat Budweiser Brewmaster's Premium Sweet and Smoky Barbecue Sauce over low heat.
- Prepare Hawaiian rolls. Slice each in half to make a bun. Lay one leaf of lettuce, one or two onion slices on bottom bun and set aside.
- When meatballs are done, remove from heat and dip each one in the Budweiser Brewmaster's Premium Sweet and Smoky Barbecue Sauce, turning until generously coated. Place each Juicy Lucy on a prepared bun. Add top bun when ready to serve.