Tart and delicious, these glazed cranberry almond squares are a nice fall, after-dinner sweet treat. Serve them with coffee after your Thanksgiving meal or put them on a dessert table.
It’s just been in the last number of years that I’ve come to enjoy cranberries and recipes with cranberries.
Ingredients for Glazed Cranberry Almond Bars
- Pure Almond Extract
- Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
I found this recipe on a package of frozen cranberries a couple of years ago and had never made them before.
The original recipe did not call for a glaze but, if you’ve been around the blog for a while, you know I can’t resist a glaze. The sweetness of the glaze cuts the tartness of the cranberries. These are sure to become a holiday staple in the years to come.
These glazed cranberry almond bars are full of whole tart cranberries and are bursting with flavor. If you prefer a more almond flavor, increase the almond extract to 1, or even 2, teaspoons. I used vanilla in the glaze but you could use almond here too. Almond can be overpowering so don’t overdo it.
This is a VERY thick batter. You may want to use your hands to pat the batter into the pan. Just make sure it’s even so it bakes evenly.
More Cranberry Recipes on the blog:
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure almond extract
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat butter, flour and sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, and almond flavoring in mixing bowl. Stir by hand and add 3 cups of cranberries. Fold batter until most cranberries are covered in batter. Spread prepared batter evenly in pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool bars completely before glazing.
To make glaze:
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over cooled bars.
If using frozen cranberries, do not thaw first.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.