Tart and delicious, these glazed cranberry almond squares are a nice fall, after-dinner sweet treat. Serve them with coffee after your Thanksgiving meal or add them to a dessert table throughout the season.
Pin Glazed Cranberry Almond Squares to make later.
It’s just been in the last number of years that I’ve come to enjoy cranberries and recipes with cranberries.
Ingredients for Glazed Cranberry Almond Squares
- Pure Almond Extract
- Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
Once the pan came out of the oven I decided they needed to look prettier. So a glaze was a natural choice.
The sweetness of the glaze cuts the tartness of the cranberries. These are sure to become a holiday staple in the years to come.
Tips and Substitutions
These glazed cranberry almond bars are full of whole tart cranberries and are bursting with flavor.
If you prefer a more almond flavor, increase the almond extract to 1, or even 2, teaspoons. I used vanilla in the glaze but you could use almond here too. Almond can be overpowering so don’t overdo it.
I used frozen cranberries. I did not thaw them first. You can use fresh cranberries if you have them. This is not a recipe you want to used dried cranberries in because the result will be very different.
This is a VERY thick batter. You may want to use your hands to pat the batter into the pan. Just make sure it’s even so it bakes evenly.
What Can I Serve with Glazed Cranberry Almond Bars?
While you can always just put on a pot of coffee and call it a day, it’s nice to up your dessert game with a flavored or specialty coffee.
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Mocha – A nice way to incorporate another fall flavor.
- Original Irish Coffee – A classic that’s always a hit.
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate with Butterscotch Whipped Cream – For the non-coffee drinkers.
Cranberry Fun Fact: Cranberries are native to North America and it is widely believed they were a part of the first Thanksgiving feast.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
- You can use fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Cut the squares smaller to serve a crowd.
- Perfect for a dessert buffet table.
More Cranberry Recipes on the blog:
- Cranberry Bliss Bars – A copycat recipe from a famous gourmet coffee chain.
- Chunky Cranberry Double Chip Cookies – Perfect for a holiday cookie tray.
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce – A fall-inspired chicken dish perfect for any night of the week.
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball – Great for a party or happy hour at home with friends.
- Traditional Cranberry Sauce – Another fresh cranberry recipe that’s a holiday staple on many tables.
- Refreshing Non-Alcoholic Cranberry Orange Spritzer – Great for kids and designated drivers.
Glazed Cranberry Almond Squares
Glazed cranberry almond squares will disappear quickly. Perfect for a holiday dessert buffet.
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure almond extract
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat butter, flour and sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, and almond flavoring in mixing bowl. Stir by hand and add 3 cups of cranberries. Fold batter until most cranberries are covered in batter. Spread prepared batter evenly in pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool bars completely before glazing.
To make glaze:
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over cooled bars.
If using frozen cranberries, do not thaw first.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wednesday 15th of February 2023
Great recipe! Everyone loved it! I did substitute orange flavoring + orange zest in the bars, simply because we love the cranberry and orange combo of flavors. Will definitely make again and again!
Thursday 16th of February 2023
Hi Karen, What a great idea to add orange! Cranberry and orange is a great flavor combination. So glad you enjoyed them and thanks for stopping by!
Thursday 2nd of April 2020
These sound so yummy! Thanks for the great idea!
Monday 2nd of December 2019
I love that the ingredient list is small but these are big on flavor!
Shari Lynne Dominick
Wednesday 27th of November 2019
These look absolutely amazing and so festive! Not to mention how easy they are...this is definitely my kind of recipe! YUM!
Wednesday 27th of November 2019
What a delicious dessert for any time! Cranberries have always been a favorite for me and this is a great treat. The glaze is a fantastic addition!