When you have a busy day, get a flavorful meal on the table in no time. This pasta skillet comes together quickly, with a few ingredients in little time.
This pasta skillet recipe was a favorite of my Mom’s. She made it often, though, believe it or not, I never tried it. My son and I love baked ziti and this is very similar but far less work.
It’s especially less work if you use a pre-made pasta sauce. By pre-made I mean either a store bought jarred sauce or a homemade sauce that you may keep in the freezer.
Another thing to love about this recipe is it’s one pan. Everything is made in the skillet thus making clean up a breeze. Not like my baked ziti that requires a few pans and more clean up time.
I’ll be honest, the first time I made this recipe I was totally concerned the pasta was not going to cook. Needless to say, it did and I was happily surprised.
I’ve made this pasta skillet a few times and with some different shapes. I’ve been most successful with a smooth ziti. Why is this? It’s the size of the pasta and the cooking time. Something like a ribbed rigatoni will not work. Neither will a rotini, trust me, I’ve tried.
Feel free to mix things up a bit. Instead of ground beef, use ground turkey or chicken. They would all be delicious.When you have a busy day, get a flavorful meal on the table in no time. This pasta skillet comes together quickly, with a few ingredients in little time.
- Cheese Tortellini Carbonara by Art of Natural Living
- Chicken and Bacon Ragu by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Club Pasta by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dandan Noodles by That Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta by Daily Dish Recipes
- One-Pot Chicken Feta Alfredo by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pasta Skillet by Family Around the Table
- Taco Stuffed Shells by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups ziti uncooked, preferably smooth
- 1 jar 24 oz. pasta sauce, use your favorite or homemade
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and drain. Return meat to skillet. Stir in water and bring to boil.
- Once mixture is boiling stir in pasta and cover immediately. Simmer on medium-low heat about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add pasta sauce and 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese and gently mix. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses then cover. Cook 3 minutes longer or until mozzarella is melted.