When it comes to a classic appetizer cheese balls certainly come to mind and this Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball is a delightful fall version.
What do I need to make a Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball?
This is my go-to fall and holiday appetizer so I usually always have the ingredients on hand. If you cook a lot, you probably do too.
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pecans – if you don’t buy the pecans finely chopped, use a nut grinder.
- Dried Cranberries
This easy appetizer comes together in just a few minutes and is ready to serve in about an hour. You can even make it ahead of time an refrigerate overnight, covered, of course.
When making this cranberry pecan cheese ball recipe do not use packaged pre shredded cheese. You may be wondering why. Well, it’s because it’s processed with an anti-caking agent that hinders melting.
Get a block of cheddar cheese and shred it yourself with a cheese grater. You’ll be glad you did.
Chop the dried cranberries for better distribution throughout the cheese ball.
If you prefer walnuts use them instead of pecans. Then you have a cranberry walnut cheese ball.
Let the cheese ball sit for an hour or better to allow the flavors to meld.
What can I serve with a cheese ball appetizer?
I like to serve a variety of crackers whether they are club crackers or Ritz crackers. Fancy crackers such as water crackers are also a great choice.
Sometimes I like to serve fresh vegetables such as celery, carrots, or sliced cucumbers.
If serving wine with this cranberry pecan cheese ball go with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
- 1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- On a small plate, combine ¼ cup of the dried cranberries and ¼ cup of the pecans. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixker combine the softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese until combined.
- Add in the remaining dried creamberries adn pecans and mix until evenly distributed.
- Once everything is incorporated for the mixture into a ball and roll in the reserved cranberry pecan mixture.
- Serve on a plate or platter with crackers.
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Friday #FallFlavors Recipes
Appetizers and Beverages
- Delicious Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball from Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Vegan Sweet Potato Cutlets from Magical Ingredients
- Cinnamon Chip Apple Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Walnut Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette from Art of Natural Living
- Autumn Chicken Cobb Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ham, Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker German Pork Roast from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Pecans from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cinnamon Chip Cookies from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Ginger Apple Pear Crisp from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Maple Brown Sugar Cookies with Candied Sage from The Spiffy Cookie
- Maple Pecan Biscotti from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Caramel Trifle Mason Jar Dessert from Our Crafty Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars from Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Dump Cake from An Affair from the Heart
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll Cake from Jen Around the World