When it comes to a classic appetizer cheese balls certainly come to mind and this Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball is a delightful fall version.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
What do I need to make a Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball?
This is my go-to fall and holiday appetizer so I usually always have the ingredients on hand. If you cook a lot, you probably do too.
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pecans – if you don’t buy the pecans finely chopped, use a nut grinder.
- Dried Cranberries
This easy appetizer comes together in just a few minutes and is ready to serve in about an hour. You can even make it ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight, covered, of course.
When making this cranberry pecan cheese ball recipe do not use packaged pre-shredded cheese. You may be wondering why. Well, it’s because it’s processed with an anti-caking agent that hinders melting.
Get a block of cheddar cheese and shred it yourself with a cheese grater. You’ll be glad you did.
Chop the dried cranberries for better distribution throughout the cheese ball.
If you prefer walnuts use them instead of pecans. Then you have a cranberry walnut cheese ball.
Let the cheese ball sit for an hour or better to allow the flavors to meld.
What can I serve with a cheese ball appetizer?
I like to serve a variety of crackers whether they are club crackers or Ritz crackers. Fancy crackers such as water crackers are also a great choice.
Sometimes I like to serve fresh vegetables such as celery, carrots, or sliced cucumbers.
If serving wine with this cranberry pecan cheese ball go with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
Cranberry Pecan Cheeseball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries chopped, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans divided
- On a small plate, combine ¼ cup of the dried cranberries and ¼ cup of the pecans. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixker combine the softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese until combined.
- Add in the remaining dried cranberries and pecans and mix until evenly distributed.
- Once everything is incorporated for the mixture into a ball and roll in the reserved cranberry pecan mixture.
- Serve on a plate or platter with crackers.