I’m not quite sure how I found this recipe for Chicken Diane but am I ever glad I did! It just so happened that I actually had everything I needed to make it. Plus, the green onions I had really needed to be used up. I’m so glad I didn’t need to go to the store.
The original recipe for Chicken Diane served four but I scaled it back to two for us this particular evening. It would make a nice intimate dinner, maybe for date night, an anniversary, or Valentine’s Day but would also be perfect for entertaining. This really cooks up fast, especially since you flatten the chicken.
A few tips:
- Make sure your oil and butter are hot before you put in your chicken. It will be less likely to stick.
- Crunched for time? Use chicken cutlets. A bit more expensive but no need to flatten.
- Be sure to use a non-stick pan. I really like using my cast iron or Calphalon pan for this recipe. You do want some yummy brown bits to stick to the bottom so it will flavor your sauce.
- I added an extra pat of butter to the sauce for richness.
- Serve with steamed green beans and bacon and cheddar smashed potatoes to complete the meal. If you have any leftover pan sauce serve rice and use the sauce to moisten the rice. 7-Up Pound Cake makes a delicious dessert for this meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. In a large non-stick skillet, brown chicken in olive oil and 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat for up to 10 minutes on each side or it is no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. In the same skillet, whisk the lemon juice, parsley and mustard until blended. Whisk in broth; heat through. Place each chicken breast on a plate, spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle some chopped green onions on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 504mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 38g
Nutrition information automatically calculated. Recipe author has not checked the calculations.