Easy apple chicken salad croissants get their delicious crunch from sweet apples. The combination with chicken makes for a great lunch.
My Mom used to call me a chicken salad connoisseur. Whenever I have the opportunity to make chicken salad, I do. Often I’ll make extra chicken just so I can make chicken salad.
If it’s on a menu, I order it. I love chicken salad and have passed that love on to my youngest son. I recently made this easy apple chicken salad croissant for a weekend lunch.
How do you serve chicken salad?
My absolute favorite way to serve chicken salad is on a buttery croissant. But I don’t always have croissants so sometimes I’ll use toasted wheat or potato bread.
I often enjoy chicken salad on crackers or in a lettuce wrap. I like it in flour tortillas too such as these cranberry almond chicken salad wraps.
It was a summer not so long ago that I taught my son to make chicken salad. Now when I make chicken he always asks me to cook an extra chicken breast or two. That way we can have chicken salad for a weekend lunch and he gets to practice making it.
We love this chicken salad on croissants but I always have flour tortillas in the house and that’s a nice alternative. You could also make scrumptious lettuce wraps too, but it’s equally delicious on any bread you choose.
What type of apples can I use for easy apple chicken salad?
Honestly, you can use your favorite apple in this recipe. I love Envy apples becasue they don’t turn brown quickly but I’ve also used Granny Smith and Red Delicious.
A Free Shopping List!
Print out my shopping list, pictured above, with the recipe ingredients already filled in! There is plenty of room for additional items you may need.
More sandwich ideas
While these sandwiches are perfect for anyone, along with this easy chicken salad with apples, they’re ideal for college kids who have access to a kitchen.
- Roast Beef, Ham, and Bacon Club Sandwich – Made with deli lunch meats, it’s easy to make in a dorm room.
- Skinny Fruit and Tuna Lettuce Wrap – An extremely easy lunch or dinner idea.
- Overnight Muffaletta Sandwich – Everything needed to make this sandwich can be kept in your fridge.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1 apple, chopped and cored
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 2 croissants, sliced in half
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except croissants. Pile chicken salad evenly on each croissant.