The best margaritas are made with fresh ingredients and premium tequila. Use a tequila you enjoy and whip up a blueberry margarita.
Being in the wine and spirits business I get to try a lot of different brands. We have a new tequila that I’m in love with and have been experimenting with.
Who knew that learning to bartend all those years ago would pay off?
Margarita fans will love this blueberry margarita. Plus blueberries have been in abundance at farmer’s markets!
We picked local blueberries earlier this year so I used what I had frozen but fresh will work just as well. When I add a triple sec to a cocktail, I try to use a non-alcoholic one.
Why? Because triple sec is really only a flavor, orange. I don’t need more alcohol in my drink when I just want the flavor. Fresh orange juice makes the drink more acidic and I wouldn’t recommend it.
If you enjoy margaritas, try my cranberry lime margaritas, the best margarita recipe, this watermelon margarita from my friend Heather, or my Key lime margarita. If you prefer frozen margaritas, try frozen peach margaritas or frozen mango margaritas.
Friday Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
- Arrabiata with Zucchini Noodles by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Asian Cucumber Salad by Books n’ Cooks
- Banana Cream Pie by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Margarita by Family Around the Table
- Fun Orange Freakshake by The Freshman Cook
- Honey-Roasted Garlic Ice Cream by The Spiffy Cookie
- Poppy Seed Dijon Slaw by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Savory Moments
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces good Silver Tequila
- 1 ½ tablespoons simple syrup
- ½ to 1 ounce Triple Sec
- Blueberries and lime wheels for garnish
- Place sugar in a flat dish. Juice the rim of a cocktail glass with lime wedge and dip in sugar. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker combine blueberries and fresh lime juice. If using frozen berries, let stand 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, muddle, or mash, the blueberries with the lime juice. Add tequila, simple syrup, triple sec, and ice. Cover with lid and shake.
- Add ice to prepared glass and strain mixture into glass. Float blueberries and garnish with lime wheel.