This affogato caramel vanilla milkshake is a treat for teachers. Enjoy one after a day in the classroom with the kids.
Affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert. It’s usually made with gelato but I’ve used vanilla ice cream. Espresso is usually the main ingredient but coffee is often substituted. Coffee is what I used but if you make and love espresso, it’s an easy substitute.
You may be thinking, why go to the trouble of decorating the milkshake glass. Well, why not make it fun and festive? You could make a few up at a time, keep them in the freezer, or they will stay on the counter a few days.
Notice this milkshake doesn’t really have milk in it. The hot coffee begins to melt the ice cream making it perfectly drinkable.
No blender is necessary either. This affogato caramel vanilla milkshake is just the treat to get teachers through grading papers.
If you want a more caramel flavor to this milkshake you could use the Torani caramel sauce to make my caramel coffee. The Torani has a real caramel flavor, no fake taste in this product.
More Adult Milkshakes to Enjoy
- Grown Up Orange Julius – An adult version of the iconic vanilla orange drink.
- Great Butterscotch! Boozy Milkshake – Made with butter pecan ice cream and yummy butterscotch schnapps.
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup hot coffee
- 1/4 cup yellow candy melts
- ABC 123 Sprinkles
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Torani Caramel Sauce
- In a small blow melt yellow candy melts according to package directions. Dip rim of milkshake glass in melted candy coating then sprinkle ABC 123 sprinkles on the rim.
- Place milkshake glass in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- In a milkshake glass add ice cream.
- Pour coffee over ice cream.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and Torani caramel sauce. Sprinkle additional ABC 123 sprinkles over top. Serve.