My youngest son loves smoothies. Me, I’m not so fond of yogurt so I concocted, what I call a breakfast shake, made with milk, orange juice, and fresh pineapple. My son (and I) love pineapple so that had to be one of the ingredients. While you can make it with canned pineapple but fresh is always best.
This recipe makes two shakes but you can easily adjust the ingredient amounts to serve more. I don’t use any of the milk alternatives such as soy or almond so I can’t speak to the flavor when you use it. My suggestion would be to try it. This whips up to be a delicious frothy drink perfect to go with any breakfast.
I like to garnish these breakfast beverages with a wedge of fresh pineapple for an extra special treat.
Pineapple Orange Breakfast Shake
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup ice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pineapple slices for garnish
- Combine cubed pineapple, ice, milk, sugar, vanilla, and orange juice in blender container. Puree until smooth and frothy.
- Pour evenly into two glasses and garnish with pineapple slice.
- Serve immediately.