Make the best Oreo milkshake for your next family movie or game night. A perfect summer treat on a hot day too.
My whole family loves Oreos. I often use them in treats so I always have a package on hand. This Best Oreo Milkshake uses Oreo ice cream which makes it come together quickly.
While it’s not necessary to make the rims of the glass fancy, it sure adds to the experience of enjoying the milkshake. I love finding easy ways to make things special. I always have white chocolate chips. Who am I kidding, I always have all kinds of chocolate chips! If you have milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips on hand, you can certainly use those.
What makes this the best Oreo milkshake? It’s a bit over the top. You may also be wondering why the addition of vanilla. It’s adds a touch of decadence. I wanted to make these milkshakes extra special for my boys. They worked hard all year in school and this was a first day of summer vacation treat.
When you dip the rims of the glasses, work quickly to add the crumbs. I prefer to sprinkle the crumbs rather than dip them for a couple of reasons. The first is you get better coverage on the white chocolate. The second is so clumps of chocolate don’t drip into the crumbs wasting them.
The reason I use the chocolate wafer cookies for the rim is because you get a finer crumb than with Oreos. The cream in the Oreos clumps and makes the crumbs sticky.
We are a milkshake loving family. Other favorites include this fresh peach milkshake and this fall-flavored pumpkin spice milkshake.Make the best Oreo milkshake for your next family movie or game night. A perfect summer treat on a hot day too. @FamTable #Oreo #milkshake
Best Oreo Milkshake
This is the perfect treat for family movie or game night.
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1.5 quart Oreo ice cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 9 chocolate wafers, divided
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- In a zip lock bag, crush 5 chocolate wafers. Set aside. (Use more for more servings)
- Dip rim of the glasses in melted white chocolate, then sprinkle cookie crumbs over the area you dipped. Place in freezer or refrigerator to set until ready to serve.
- In remaining melted chocolate, dip half of each remaining wafer in the white chocolate and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place on waxed paper to set.
- In a blender, add milk, vanilla and Oreo ice cream. Blend until thick and frothy.
- Pour into prepared glasses and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle some cookie crumbs over whipped cream and top with a white chocolate dipped wafer. Add a straw and serve.
Delicious Dairy Recipes
- Aspargus Gruyere Tart by Art of Natural Living
- Beer and Brats Mac and Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Beer Battered Deep Fried Cheese Curds by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Best Oreo Milkshakes by Family Around the Table
- Cheese and Spinach Ravioli Casserole by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Baked Macaroni and Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Palestinian Preserved Labneh by Pandemonium Noshery
- Sour Cream and Spicy Cheddar Ranch Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you’re at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
We loved this recipe for Oreo milkshake. Thanks for such a delicious recipe. The kids want to make them again soon.
YUM! I love the combination of flavors and colors. Healthy, filling, and delicious. If I don’t use vanilla extract, is it test well?
Family Around The Table says
Hi and thank you for visiting! You can certainly omit the vanilla extract and it will be delicious.
Inger @ Art of Natural Livng says
So happy to have ice cream season here again! This looks amazing!
Simply Inspired Meals says
Sounds like a great way to improve store bought ice cream for a special treat.
Cheese Curd In Paradise says
What is better than cookies and cream ice cream!? It is one of my favorite flavors and I can’t wait to give this a try.
Yum! Who doesn’t like a milkshake? This one is perfect for summer!
Wendy Klik says
That looks positively sinful.
This sounds fantastic! I just bought a package of Oreos for another event and there are more cookies… I now know what to make!
The rim makes it so fun!