Make the best Oreo milkshake for your next family movie or game night. A perfect summer treat on a hot day too.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
My whole family loves Oreos. I often use them in treats so I always have a package on hand. This Best Oreo Milkshake uses Oreo ice cream which makes it come together quickly.
While it’s not necessary to make the rims of the glass fancy, it sure adds to the experience of enjoying the milkshake. I love finding easy ways to make things special. I always have white chocolate chips. Who am I kidding, I always have all kinds of chocolate chips! If you have milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips on hand, you can certainly use those.
What makes this the best Oreo milkshake? It’s a bit over the top. You may also be wondering why the addition of vanilla. It’s adds a touch of decadence. I wanted to make these milkshakes extra special for my boys. They worked hard all year in school and this was a first day of summer vacation treat.
When you dip the rims of the glasses, work quickly to add the crumbs. I prefer to sprinkle the crumbs rather than dip them for a couple of reasons. The first is you get better coverage on the white chocolate. The second is so clumps of chocolate don’t drip into the crumbs wasting them.
The reason I use the chocolate wafer cookies for the rim is that you get a finer crumb than with Oreos. The cream in the Oreos clumps and makes the crumbs sticky.Make the best Oreo milkshake for your next family movie or game night. A perfect summer treat on a hot day too. @FamTable #Oreo #milkshake
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
Best Oreo Milkshake
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1.5 quart Oreo ice cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ – ½ cup white chocolate chips melted
- 9 chocolate wafers or Oreos divided
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a zip lock bag, crush 5 chocolate wafers or Oreos. Set aside. (Use more for more servings)
- Dip rim of the glasses in melted white chocolate, then sprinkle cookie crumbs over the area you dipped. Place in freezer or refrigerator to set until ready to serve.
- In remaining melted chocolate, dip half of each remaining wafer in the white chocolate and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place on waxed paper to set.
- In a blender, add milk, vanilla and Oreo ice cream. Blend until thick and frothy.
- Pour into prepared glasses and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle some cookie crumbs over whipped cream and top with a white chocolate dipped wafer. Add a straw and serve.