This post is sponsored by Shop Taste of Home. I received a subscription box at no charge. All opinions are my own.
Whether you’re feeding hungry teenagers or having the gang over for movie night or game day this skillet pizza dip feeds a crowd. I found the recipe in the new Taste of Home cookbook What Can I Cook in My Instant Pot, Air Fryer, Waffle Iron & More. I changed the name from cheesy skillet pizza dip.
This recipe starts with store bought dough. You can find it in the freezer section. Just thaw and start rolling the balls. Kids will have fun helping with this task. Let rise a bit and bake slightly before adding the actual dip part.
The cookbook was included in the latest Taste of Home subscription box along with lots of other goodies. I can’t wait to use the herb saver when I start harvesting my herb garden this year. I may even need to get one or two more. The blade scrub is brilliant.
This recipe is full of cheesy goodness and is really perfect party food. Other easy appetizers on the blog include baked artichoke squares, maple pecan apple brie bites, and sweet and smokey juicy Lucy BBQ sliders. Thank you to Jolene from Jolene’s Recipe Journal for hosting #FootballFood.
Find Family Around the Table on social media:
Skillet Pizza Dip
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 16 oz frozen bread dough dinner rolls thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
In a saucepan, melt butter and 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder. Cut each roll into thirds; roll each piece into a ball. Dip dough balls in butter mixture; place along outer edge of a 10-in. cast-iron skillet, leaving center open Gently stack remaining balls on top of bottom layer, leaving some space between them. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake until dough balls are set and beginning to brown, 15-18 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and the remaining garlic powder; spoon into center of skillet. layer with 1/4 cup mozzarella and pizza sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella and pepperoni. Brush rolls with some of remaining butter mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake until dip is heated through and the rolls are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Air Fryer Korean-Style BBQ Chicken Wings by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Bacon Swiss Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Beef & Cheddar Stuffed Rolls by Tip Garden
- Chili Cheese Beef Brats by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chorizo Taco Pizza with Cilantro Sauce by The Spiffy Cookie
- Deep Fried Pickles with Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce by Food Above Gold
- Fried Bologna and Onion Sandwiches by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Dog Sliders by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Mini Bell Pepper Nachos by Blogghetti
- North Carolina BBQ Wings by The Freshman Cook
- Quick and Easy Restaurant Salsa by Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
- Skillet Pizza Dip by Family Around the Table
- Soda Glazed Kielbasa Game Day Bites by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Spicy Touchdown Chili by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by Our Good Life
- Vegan Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings by The Baking Fairy
- Wisconsin Beer Brats by Cheese Curd In Paradise