I don’t know what it is about white chocolate macadamia nut cookies but they just remind me of summer. Maybe it’s the macadamia nuts or the coconut that remind me of a tropical place far away. Every bite is like a mini vacation.
These homemade cookies are soft and chewy with a hint of sweetness from the white chocolate and a bit of crunch from the macadamia nuts.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
A quick look at the ingredients used to make these cookies.
- Sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- Brown Sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- White Chocolate Chips
- Macadamia Nuts
How do you get cookies all the same size?
That’s a good question with an easy answer! Actually, I have a friend who always comments that my cookies are all the same size.
To achieve uniform cookies I use a cookie scoop. It looks like an ice cream scoop and they come in different sizes.
What is a Macadamia Nut?
While many people associate the macadamia nut with Hawaii, the tree is actually indigenous to Australia. Seeds were introduced to Hawaii in the 1880s and have become known as a tropical delight.
Macadamia nuts are not an inexpensive nut. The harvesting process is laborious and slow. While there are 10 species, only two are harvested and it takes 10 years for the trees to even produce nuts. They are harvested only 5 to 6 times a year and by hand.
More Cookies with White Chocolate
- Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Similar to cookies at Disney. Have a look!
- Alex’s Double Chocolate White Chip Cookies – So easy because these cookies start with a cake mix.
- Oatmeal, Cranberry, and White Chocolate Chip Cookies – A delightful addition to a holiday cookie tray.
- Chewy Chocolate Caramel Bars – Two types of chocolate, toffee bits, and caramel. You can’t go wrong.
DO YOU WANT TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH FAMILY AROUND THE TABLE?
Then, if you like some of the items I use or are just looking for a great gift idea, you need to head over and check out my Amazon Store. Find fun kitchen tools, cookbooks, cocktail accessories, holiday essentials, and much more.
If you make a purchase, I received a teeny tiny commission at no additional charge to you.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1 cup brown sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light in color and fluffy. You should see a notable difference in color.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and coconut.
- Drop onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges start to become a golden color. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.