Easy French bread pizzas are a quick and easy lunch, snack, or dinner. Add a salad to complete the meal.
Summer lunches are always a challenge when my kids are home from school. I really try to keep them from getting boring but it can be hard. This year, when they were home for summer break, I took a page from my Mom’s playbook.
After I graduated from college and moved out, my parents retired to North Carolina. On a visit, one year, my Mom made pizza from French bread. It was crispy and delicious. So I thought, my kids would love them (I was right). Plus (bonus) they are easy enough for them to make on their own.
There are really only a few steps, and ingredients, when making these easy French bread pizzas. If you’re like me and keep diced or sliced onions prepped in the fridge, it’s even easier to make them. As I mentioned before, kids can make these themselves. If you have younger kids, you should slice the bread for them, but I probably don’t need to tell you that!
I used hoagie rolls from my supermarket deli but a longer loaf of French bread would also work. Slice the loaf in half, or after it’s baked, cut into about 1 or 2-inch pieces for easy eating. This works well for a party or group of teenagers.
- 4 hoagie rolls, spilt in half lengthwise
- 1 - 1 ½ cups pizza sauce, from a jar or homemade
- 64 slices of pepperoni
- ½ an onion, sliced, optional
- 1 ½ - 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place sliced hoagie rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on each roll. Top with pepperoni and onions, if using.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F, then up the temperature to 425 degrees F for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and enjoy.
Quick and Easy Pizza Recipes
- Air Fryer Pita Pizzas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chicken Taco French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easy French Bread Pizzas by Family Around the Table
- Easy Tortilla Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Dough from Sour Dough Discard by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pre-Baked Pizza Crust by Art of Natural Living