If there is an opportunity for me to save money, I’m going to find it and capitalize on it. Making this homemade pizza dough is a good way to enjoy family pizza night for a fraction of the cost of take-out
Plus everyone can include their favorite toppings.
This is really difficult for me to write. My family is not a huge fan of pizza. There, I said it. Maybe I’ve spoiled them by all the home cooking. (We rarely eat out.)
There are some nights I just don’t feel like cooking and I want pizza. To combat my family’s dislike of pizza I tried making it at home and then it dawned on me. Pizza made with homemade pizza dough is SO much better.
What I love about this recipe is the yeast does not need to proof. The dough still needs to rise but since the yeast is not proofed, there is a little less time involved. The key to perfect pizza dough is the proper temperature for the liquid.
When it comes to pizza my family is boring. They like plain cheese pizza or pizza with pepperoni and onions. I did manage to get them to try a pizza that was inspired by one I had at lunch with my Mom many years ago. They liked it but asked for pepperoni the next time.
Build the Perfect Pizza with Homemade Pizza Dough
The perfect pizza is such an individual decision. What I like is very different than what my family likes.
Another beautiful thing about this easy homemade pizza dough is you can divide it into four equal parts for individual pizzas. That way everyone gets what they want. Below are some ideas for pizza toppings. I’d love for you to leave me a comment with the ingredients for your perfect pizza.
- Ground beef
Are there other ingredients you think should be on this list? Leave me a comment and let me know what I missed.
More Pizza RecipesEasy homemade pizza dough takes pizza night to a new level. Customize with your favorite toppings! #pizza #kidfriendly
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
- 2 ½ to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package quick active dry yeast 2 ¼ teaspoons
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup very warm water 120° to 130°
- Mix 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons oil and the warm water. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl frequently.
- Stir in enough remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves sides of bowl.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes before using.