This post, for maple pecan apple brie bites, is sponsored by Envy apples. All opinions are my own.
Every now and then I like to just stop on a Saturday or Sunday, make some delicious nibbles, pour a glass of wine and enjoy an afternoon with my husband. This is especially important to me during the holidays when life seems to get even busier. The timing was perfect when these gorgeous Envy apples arrived.
Hubby and I were needing one of those afternoons and I immediately thought of apples and brie. Brie and apples are a classic combination. When I make a baked brie I often serve apple slices. This cheesy brie and apple pull apart bread has similar flavors.
5 ingredients are all you need for this recipe. A great French baguette loaf. Thinner is better but all I could find was a wider one. That’s OK but you may need a few more slices of apple and brie on each bread slice. I don’t know about you but I’ll never turn down more Envy apples or brie.
I want to share with you an apple slicing tip. Since this recipe does not call for peeling the apple, it’s easiest to use an apple corer to slice and core the whole apple. Once sliced, take the individual wedges and thinly slice, ¼-inch thick or so, with a sharp chef’s knife. Doing it this way, the slices fit the bread round nicely.
Next, slice the brie. It should be cold. I cut the round in half then cut slices off each round. I then cut those in half. Now everything is ready to layer. Once these come out of the oven, drizzle with pure maple syrup. If you’re not a fan of maple syrup, you can use a honey drizzle.
This is not the first time I’ve worked with Envy apples. The first time I made these delicious cinnamon apple turnovers with maple drizzle. Then, this past September, Envy apple sponsored #AppleWeek and I made 5 more recipes.
Envy is my new favorite variety. My family’s too. They are juicy, crunchy and don’t brown easily like other varieties. They are what apples are supposed to be. I’ve looked for years to find apples that remind me of my childhood. Ones with great flavor and crunch. Since Envy apples have come into my life, I’m no longer searching.
Maple Pecan Apple Brie Bites
- ½ loaf baguette, sliced in ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium Envy apple, cored and sliced in ¼-inch slices
- 1 8 ounce brie cheese, sliced thinly, rind on
- Finely chopped pecans
- Pure maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet lay out the baguette slices. Layer in following order, on each slice of bread: apple slice, 2 – 3 slices of Brie, ½ teaspoon chopped pecans. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and drizzle each of the appetizers with a small amount of maple syrup. Remove appetizers from baking sheet and arrange on platter. Serve.