White chocolate and pumpkin are a match made in heaven. This White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Martini is perfect to serve all season long and even as your signature drink during the holidays.
What do I need to make a White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Martini?
- White Chocolate Chips – My go-to brand is Ghirardelli because they melt the best.
- Vegetable Shortening – For melting the white chocolate to rim the martini glasses.
- Milk – I used 2% but don’t recommend 1%.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – You may have all the ingredients to make it at home.
- Pumpkin Puree – This is 100% pure pumpkin in the can. If you make your own, use that. If you want to try making your own pumpkin puree it’s a lot easier than you think.
- Vanilla Vodka – There are a few on the market, use your favorite.
What type of glass do you use to serve a martini?
A glass with a V-shape, like those in my photos, are martini glasses. The glass your cocktail is served in isn’t just another fancy glass. It can impact the way your drink tastes.
Each type of cocktail glass is designed to bring out the aroma, temperature, color, and flavor of the cocktail you are enjoying.
How do you decorate a cocktail glass with white chocolate?
Melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the recipe card. Using a small spatula gently paint the chocolate around the rim of the glass being careful to do it evenly.
Once you have done both glasses, use a spoon to drizzle white chocolate inside the glass for additional decoration.
Of course, this step is completely optional but it’s the little details that make the cocktail special. And pretty!
Substitute a Cocktail for Dessert
Some I know love serving a dessert cocktail after a larger meal. Think Thanksgiving. While the traditional pumpkin pie or a sweet cake may appease some guests, others are too full but want something a bit sweet.
This white chocolate pumpkin spice martini is sweet enough to pass for a dessert cocktail but not too sweet.
Offer it to your holiday guests as an option with dessert or instead of dessert. It’s smooth, creamy, and slightly sweet with a hint of warm spice.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- A white chocolate pumpkin spice martini is a great substitute for dessert after a big holiday meal.
- Easily scale the recipe for more servings.
- The combination of spices is warm and comforting.
- Switch it up and make it warm. Keep warm on low in a crock pot stirring often.
- It’s pumpkin spice, what’s not to love?!
What is Freaky Friday?
It’s a fun blog hop, hosted by my friend Michaela at An Affair from the Heart four times a year. Participants are assigned a blog to find a recipe relevant to the theme. Today’s theme is fall and my assigned blog is The Culinary Compass.
Let me tell you about Sam from The Culinary Compass. She grew up wanting to design roller coasters! What an amazing dream! She even went to school to be an engineer.
But then she discovered her love of food and the rest is history. Her blog was born from her desire to travel and try global foods.
There are so many recipes I want to try on Sam’s site and these are some I considered before landing on her white chocolate pumpkin martini. I can almost taste these red wine mushrooms on top of a steak.
Sam’s recipe for apple pie pork chops is one you’ll want to make all fall long. Who doesn’t love a sheet pan dinner with very little clean-up?
Another recipe I considered was twice-baked sweet potatoes, which I think will be on my Thanksgiving menu since it’s just the 4 of us. Each of us can customize a potato with our favorite ingredients with no leftovers or waste.
See all of our 2022 Freaky Friday Fall Edition Recipes
- An Affair from the Heart – Pepperoni Pizza Bread
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- The Culinary Compass – Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
- Devour Dinner – Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice
- Family Around the Table – White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Martini
- Feast + West – Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Fresh April Flours – Butterfinger Poke Cake
- Home Cooked Harvest – Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
- Hostess at Heart – The BEST Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Life Currents – French Onion Bruschetta
- Off the Eaten Path – Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
- The Speckled Palate – German Pancake
- Sue Bee Homemaker – Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Take Two Tapas – Crockpot Pizza Dip
- The Wimpy Vegetarian – Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
More Fall Cocktail Recipes to Try
- Maple Bourbon Sour – Bourbon is more popular than ever and paired with maple makes for a great fall cocktail.
- Caramel Apple Bourbon Hot Toddy – Perfect for those crisp fall evenings.
- Pumpkin Spice Margarita – Who said margaritas are only for summer? This is perfect for fall.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Martini
To rim glasses:
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable shortening
To make the martini
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 ounces vanilla vodka
- To rim the martini glasses: Melt ¼ cup white chocolate chips and shortening in a microwaveable bowl.
- Gently dip the rims of each martini glass in the white chocolate. Place on a small baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes until set.
- To make the martini: Once the white chocolate is set on the glasses, make the martini.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the remaining white chocolate with milk.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and whisk until totally combined. Allow to cool until you can comfortably touch the side of the pan.
- Into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the vanilla vodka and the white chocolate mixture. Shake and strain into prepared martini glasses.