So much chocolaty goodness in these quadruple chocolate chunk cookies. Grab a glass of milk, a couple of cookies and enjoy!
I was given the fun opportunity to review one of Taste of Home’s seasonal subscription boxes. I received the Fall box. In this day of technology it’s always fun to get snail mail, especially when it’s in the form of a box of goodies. I open the box to find a Taste of Home Holidays & Celebrations cookbook, which I immediately start thumbing through and landed on this recipe for quadruple chocolate chunk cookies. I knew right away these would be a hit with my family. We all love Oreos and who couldn’t love a cookie packed full of chocolate in the form of white chocolate, semi-sweet and white chips? Because this recipe makes almost 8 dozen cookies, I took some to a meeting at school. They were quickly devoured and many at the meeting asked for the recipe.
The subscription box also included cinnamon sticks, a turkey brine kit, which if you’ve never brined a turkey you don’t know what you’re missing, lemon rosemary sea salt, recipe cards, a pie crust cutter, a pastry blender and a small silicone baking mat all in addition to the cookbook. While all of the items in the box were great and I feel the quality is certainly up to par. I was really most impressed with the thoughtfulness that went in to selecting the items for the box. For example, some of the recipes included in the subscription box utilize the other items. Use the pie crust cutter on the apple pie recipe, use the silicone baking liner with the cookie recipe and the cinnamon sticks with the cherry cider. Either a single box or a subscription would be a nice gift for your favorite home cook. See below for ordering information.
Quadruple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips chopped
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies about 10 cookies
- 1 Hershey’s cookies and cream candy bar 1.55 ounces OR 8 snack sized, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick baking liner (I used one from Kitchen Envy that was included in the subscription box) or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips, chocolate chips and chopped Oreos and candy bars.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.