Orange pecan cookies are perfect for a springtime brunch, tea party or bridal shower. The burst of orange flavor and the crunch of pecans make this a very unique cookie.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received products from sponsor companies for the creation of the recipes. All opinions are mine.
These cookies give you a unexpected burst of orange flavor. It’s not overpowering at all in this crunchy cookie that gets delicious texture from the pecans.
Millican Pecan Company, a Spring Sweets Week sponsor, sent a variety of items to use. I wanted smaller pieces so I put the pecan pieces they sent into my nut grinder, the one my Mom had when I was a kid. You can see the how much smaller the pecan pieces are on the cookies. They stick better when they are smaller.
No nut grinder? Use a sharp knife to chop the pecans. Just make sure they are small. You really don’t want the entire cookie covered.
These cookies come together quickly. The orange flavor is subtle because you only use the zest. It’s a crunchy cookie and the pecans add great texture. Before baking you flatten them with the bottom of a glass. They may stick to the glass, just gently peel the dough of an place on the baking sheet. I must stress gently, the dough will tear. If that happens, gently press back together.
Use a cookie scoop to get even cookies. Use gentle pressure when flattening so all the cookies are even and thus, will bake evenly. These really are a delicious way to fill the cookie jar.
If you love cookies with pecans, here are some other recipes:
Orange Pecan Cookies
Orange Pecan Cookies are a delightful change from classic cookies. A burst of orange flavor and crunch from delicious pecans.
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk, white reserved
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grind orange rind
- 1 cup flour
- 2 egg whites, unbeaten
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- In the medium bowl of an electric mixer, cream shortening, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, salt, and grated orange. Work in flour.
- Shape in balls the size of walnuts. Roll in unbeaten egg whites and chopped nuts. Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten with a spatula.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Saturday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry Orange Muffins by Sweet Beginnings
- Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Fresh Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Poppyseed cake by Jen Around the World
- Oatmeal Cookie Fruit Pizza by Simply Inspired Meals
- Orange Pecan Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Pecan Krispy Treats by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raspberry Almond Coffee Smoothie by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake Roll by That Recipe
- Sweet Potato Sonker Recipe by Pastry Chef Online
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food? More than 25 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 recipes perfect for spring! Stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages!
They look so good! The orange and pecan flavors sound perfectly delicious together.