Oreo Cookies and Cream Cups keep in the freezer for up to a week. Make up a batch and have dessert for a few nights.
I have a teenager who LOVES cookies and cream ice cream so when I saw the Pioneer Woman make these on an episode I knew I had to give them a try.
This is one of the easiest frozen treats you will ever make. I should say this recipe is inspired by the one I saw Ree Drummond make. My version takes much less effort.
Maybe you’re wondering, what do I need to make Oreo cookies and cream cups? 2 ingredients, that’s it. Oreo ice cream and Oreo’s. This dessert really is an Oreo lover’s dream. It’s super easy and delicious.
I love that these treats are easily made by kids. Smaller kids can press the Oreo into the ice cream. The only tool you need is an ice cream scoop. No sharp tools are involved.
You do have to plan to make these frozen treats. You’ll need a bit of time to soften the ice cream and then refreeze it.
Once they are frozen, place the pan in a rimmed sheet pan and pour a bit of almost hot water, very warm, around the pan to loosen the cups. Store them in a freezer container for a few days. This is a great treat to make in advance of a pool party or backyard BBQ.
Try these other Oreo recipes:
Oreo Cookies and Cream Cups
- 12 Chocolate sandwich cookies I used Oreo’s
- 1 pint good quality Oreo Cookies & Cream ice cream slightly softened (I used Breyer’s)
- Scoop 1/4 cup of Oreo Cookies and Cream ice cream into each well of a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Gently press Oreo vertically into the softened ice cream.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 – 3 hours, then remove them from the pan. Place in airtight container and store in the freezer.
This post was originally published on August 16, 2015, and updated July 15, 2020.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Books n’ Cooks
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream by Eat Move Make
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Cups by Family Around the Table
- No-Churn Caramel Coffee Crunch Ice Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- S’mores Milk Shake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Brown Bread Ice Cream by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- No Churn Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pineapple Dole Whip by Making Miracles
- Cape Codder Ice Cream Float by Our Crafty Cocktails
- No-Churn Red Velvet Ice Cream by Our Crafty Mom
- Chocolate Keto Approved “Frosty” by Our Good Life
- Butterbeer Ice Cream by Simply Inspired Meals
- Bourbon Peach Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by The Spiffy Cookie