Strawberry shortcake ice cream bars can be made with homemade strawberry ice cream or store bought. Either way they are a delicious treat any time.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples from the sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are mine.
Since I have strawberry ice cream on the site, and it’s really good, I decided to use it for these strawberry shortcake ice cream bars. My husband and youngest love those ice cream truck strawberry bars. I knew recreating that exact bar would be challenging. After chatting with my son about how to make it we settled on this recipe.
We tossed around sugar cookies and even those chocolate wafer cookies but thought ‘Nilla wafer with freeze dried strawberries would be a good place to start. I was secretly voting for the chocolate wafers but the ‘Nilla wafers are a good choice. We will probably try a chocolate version soon.
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
Strawberry shortcake ice cream bars are perfect when you need a little something sweet.
- 2 pints very soft strawberry ice cream
- 2 cups mini 'Nilla Wafers, crushed
- ¼ cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Divide ice cream among ice-pop molds, insert sticks, and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, pulse 1 cup cookies in a mini food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer crumbs to a plate. Add strawberries to remaining crumbs in food processor and pulse a few times to create strawberry crumbs. Stir strawberry crumbs into plain crumbs on plate.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip molds briefly into hot water. Working one at a time, remove ice pops from mold, one at a time, and thaw briefly. Dip in crumbs, turning to coat, sprinkling crumbs over pops if necessary, and pressing to adhere. Transfer pops to prepared baking sheet and freeze again at least 30 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes from Desserts Required
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Family Around the Table
- Simple Watermelon Lime Garnita from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Churn Lemonade Ice Cream from 4 Sons R Us
- Orange Julius Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Key Lime Pie-sicles from The Domestic Kitchen
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Palatable Pastime
- Mississippi Mud Pie from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Pineapple Coconut Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Beach Cake from Everyday Eileen
No Bake Treats:
- Banana Split Eclair Dessert from Big Bear’s Wife
- Lemon Lavender Scones from Jen Around the World
- Frosted Cookie Bars from Miss in the Kitchen
- Easy Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars from Who Needs A Cape?
- Peach and Nectarine Torte with Almond Whipped Cream from Nancie’s Table
- Cookie Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bomb Pop Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Congo Squares from Love and Confections
- Orange Creamsicle Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
Amy (Savory Moments) says
My kids would love these! I’m adding them to my to-make list for sure. I’d enjoy them as well.