I would be lying if I said my family didn’t love ice cream. We all have our favorite flavors. My oldest loves vanilla, my husband’s pick is strawberry, my youngest and I will always pick mint chocolate chip. Now, that’s not to say we won’t buy or order other flavors from time to time. For that reason, we love these chocolate ice cream sandwich squares.
These chocolate ice cream squares came about because I wanted an ice cream sandwich but didn’t feel like making cookies. I searched the pantry and found a sleeve of graham crackers. I usually have one or two different flavors of ice cream in the freezer so I made them with what we had.
Then recently, I stumbled upon Star Wars novelty ice cream. We are big Star Wars fans. I made galaxy bark for birthday favors a few years ago. It’s a sort of chocolate vanilla ripple with chocolate chunks. My boys loved it and asked to make the chocolate ice cream sandwich squares.
I used milk chocolate chips because it’s what we like. Feel free to use semi-sweet or bittersweet. If you choose to use white chocolate, use a good quality white chocolate. I find certain brands of white chocolate don’t melt as well.
These would also be delicious with homemade ice cream such as nutty cookies and cream or fresh coconut ice cream. Did you know it was National Ice Cream Month? Check out the great ice cream recipes below. Thank you to Jolene from Jolene’s Recipe Journal for hosting. Since it’s National Ice Cream Month we can’t forget milkshakes. Cool off with my fresh peach milkshake.
- 1 sleeve of graham crackers, broken in half
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- Ice cream, your favorite flavor
- In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over simmering water.
- Once melted, using a small offset spatula, spread a layer of chocolate on one side of each graham cracker. Place on a baking sheet, chocolate side up, and refrigerate until set.
- When ready to serve, place a scoop of ice cream on half of the chocolate coated graham crackers. Top with remaining halves and serve or freeze until serving.
- Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap and keep frozen.
- Blueberry Ginger Ice Cream Floats by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bread Ice Cream Sundaes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Squares by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream by Simple and Savory
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake by Cooking with Carlee
- Grilled Pineapple Ice Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Homemade Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches by Tip Garden
- No Churn Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream by Amy’s Cooking Adventure
- No Churn Coffee Caramel Crunch Ice Cream by Hezzi-D’sBooks and Cooks
- No Churn Watermelon Swirl Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Purple Haze Jam Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Watermelon-Fennel Ice Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Triple Chocolate Ricotta Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vietnamese Coffee Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Books n’ Cooks